1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CP3 or Kyrie

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mig0s, Jul 24, 2017.

?

CP3 or Kyrie?

1. CP3

226 vote(s)
    83.7%
  2. Kyrie

44 vote(s)
    16.3%
  1. JD88

JD88 Member

Kyrie and Harden on the same floor would be a disaster.

Neither is a good defender. Kyrie did absolutely nothing before LeBron came back to Cleveland... Seriously, his teams were straight ass.

2. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Not homerism, common sense. Chris Paul is one of the best 5 PG's to ever play the game and hasn't shown any sign of decline. Kyrie ranks somewhere in the 20th-30th best in the league right now.

It's not even worth a discussion. One guy is an all-time great two-way point guard, the other is a chucker whose team has been abysmal when Lebron James is not playing.

3. Robert Kogut

Robert Kogut Member

Maybe too harsh on Irving (who I like) but I agree with the conclusion. Except calling him chucker. It's rude.
    Besides Lebron didn't come alone.

4. threepointshot3

CP3 elite on BOTH ENDS of the floor!

5. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

How is calling him a chucker rude? It's true. He isn't a pass-first guard, and his rate of shots taken is extremely high. He is a chucker in every sense of the word.

6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Not rude when true.

7. val_modus

val_modus Member

He was injured most of one of those seasons. And I think we can give a rookie/young PG with limited college run a break his first few years. Remember, LeBron didn't make the playoffs his first two years in the league.

8. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

How did you arrive that conclusion from my comment again?
    And please, don't tell me if you swap cp3 with Curry, Warriors would not be winning.

9. verysimplejason

My mistake. I should have quoted the one before you. But as for Curry replaced, yup, GS will win but they won't be as successful as they are. with CP3 and Curry. While their 3p% should be close, the amount taken aren't. Another thing, while CP3 has yet to win a ring, Curry got 2. Experience wise, they are incomparable at this point. Also, if you watch their respective games, the amount of attention that Curry got from opposing players is much more than CP3. Overall, this can't be discounted as having Curry as a teammate means an easier time for players.

10. RockWest

Nobody shoots 3s better than curry. But you never mentioned CP3's advantages. I didn't check but I think CP3 averages twice as many assists for his career. When you have 3 all star lvl teammates, amplify their ability outweighs the additional threat Curry personally possess.

11. RestHarden

RestHarden Member

Paul is the best PG in the league. I don't care how well Curry shoots.

12. Stardog75

Stardog75 Member

If someone proclaims that 2+2=5, they're not courageous, brave or an independent thinker. They just like the self awareness to know just how dumb they are.

roslolian likes this.
  13. Rox11

Rox11 Member

One is a point guard and one is a scorer-->period

Give me the PG!

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

I dont think its homerism, from a Rox point of view Cp3 is way better option than Kyrie (read the OP again its from Morey's pov).

We have Harden on the team already, Irving will be redundant because he plays 1 exclusively and can't defend 2s like Cp3 does. The age thing is overrated because with the mentality of players nowadays they rarely sign longer than 3 yr contract and will most often jump ship to somewhere else. With his "mamba mentality" I doubt Irving does a Harden and signs a 6 year deal with anybody.

15. Pounder

Pounder Member

Chris Paul of course. This isn't even a fair question.

16. RockWest

Can you imagine Irving being the MAN with Harden on the team? The guy shot more than Lebron and complained he was overshadowed.

roslolian likes this.
  17. RESINator

RESINator Member

I will say this. Kyrie was clutch in the post season. He made jaw dropping shots. I have no doubt in my mind he will lead another team to the playoffs. Before LeBron he was a young and injury prone
    and if u compare win/loss records of other vet star players when they were younger it's really not far off

Chris Paul otoh always fails in the playoffs.

18. dwhite

dwhite Member

Kyrie is much better at this point of time than CP3 due only to age. 10 out of 10 teams would take Kyrie before CP3 at this point in their careers. Love CP3 , but quit beinga bunch of homers.

19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

CP3 can actually carry a team... Kryrie is just a stat stuffer who leads a team to .500.

20. RockWest

I think CP3 can help the team to win much better than Kyrie right now. Sure CP3 is older but I'm not comparing them 3 years from now. If you had Kyrie right now do you even know if he would resign to be Harden's sidekick? He is mad for playing sidekick to Lebron freaking James. Ffs.
    Unless you think he is better than Harden or Morey is sending Harden away to keep Kyrie Happy.

roslolian likes this.