1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CP3 or Kyrie

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mig0s, Jul 24, 2017.

?

CP3 or Kyrie?

1. CP3

226 vote(s)
    83.7%
  2. Kyrie

44 vote(s)
    16.3%
  1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Kyrie is so overrated

2. rocketseagles07

I can't emphasize this enough

3. lionaire

lionaire Member

Honestly, CP3 is by far the better player right now and gives us the best immediate chance for contention but our window with him is very small. With Kyrie you get a second franchise cornerstone and a guy who has yet to even enter his prime. I still voted for CP but there's no obvious answer when debating the two.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

the answer is obviously CP3, I'm not even sure how Kyrie got 6 votes so far

Robert Kogut likes this.
  5. OTMax

OTMax Member

Given CP3's injury history, it's not as easy as some like to think.

6. mig0s

mig0s Member

Lol y'all act like Kyrie is a bum. CP3 is nice but Kyrie is way younger. Kyrie is barely a top 10 pg? Lmao

YallMean likes this.
  7. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Paul for his shooting alone, he and Gordon will surprise some people..from beyond the arc...

8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Kyrie has a pretty extensive injury history himself dating back to college.

I like Irving but the numbers don't lie. When he's on the court by himself with no Lebron the Cavs are the worst team in the league and that's been the add before and since the got Lebron.

He can score has the best handles ever and is a very elite shooter and finisher but he's the definition of "doesn't make his team better"

He's fun to watch but in not sure how great he really is.

We rag on harden around here but it's undeniable that he makes guys better and just gets wins. Rockets offense always functions at elite historical levels when he's on the court and that's been the case for year now. His worse year was 41 wins. Let's see if kyrie can even get to that on his own.

Obito likes this.
  9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

10. Lightsnowaction

I'd rather have Kyrie, but because Harden's D is not elite, I'd take CP3.

11. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

CP3 is the better passer and defender and seems like the better fit now...

But Kyrie is a a deadly shooter from three (slightly better than CP3) and an electric scorer and one of the best finishers at the rim in the league. And not to mention has already shown the ability to be the second best player on a championship team. And I would feel much more comfortable with giving him a long term max extension than CP3.

So I guess it's what you value... I like Kyries outlook over he next five years much more than I like Paul's. But I think we are fine with Chris.

12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

You need a quality defender next to James.... for that reason alone, I'm rolling w/ CP3. Kyrie and James would be a complete sieve defensively. Same reason I don't see Kyrie working out in PHX next to Booker.

13. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

If CP3 gets a ring he would be considered one of the best point guards ever if not the best. He has the highest PER and assist to turnover ratio of all point guards in history of NBA. This is not even a question.

Kyrie is so overrated. Cavs can't even win a game Lebron sits. Horrible defense, Horrible shot selection. Once he leaves Cleveland he will realize how good he had it and wish he was back there after going to the lottery for however many years.

PG I'd rather have than Kyrie

Harden
    CP3
    Curry
    Westbrook
    Wall
    Lowry
    Lillard
    Conley

Richie_Rich and YallMean like this.
  14. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

If only CP3 was Kyrie's age.

15. YallMean

YallMean Member

CP3. Not even close

16. atam

atam Member

SC isn't a traditional pg but hands down he is the biggest difference maker in the league. His accuracy plus his ability to shoot with no space is ridiculous

17. YallMean

YallMean Member

Homerism aside, if yall bitached about CP couldn't co-exist with Harden b/c two are just too ball dominant, I don't see how Kryie would be any better than CP3. If Kryie couldn't co-exist with LeBron, what makes you think he would be happy here.

18. YallMean

YallMean Member

Kryrie is about to find how silly he is if he is really traded. Life isn't going to get any better for him by leaving LeBron.

19. _Tesla

_Tesla New Member

IMO, they seem to have different goals at this point in their respective careers. CP3 wants to be a leader in a winning and professional environment. Ky already has that chip & wants to develop and showcase his skills to the rest of the league.

With that said, give me CP3.

20. Milos

Milos Member

Probably why LeBron is so pissed about timing ...

If he had known, LBJ could already have CP3 as 1st piece of BanBoat in CLE right now, plus Melo in fold via Love swap

Instead, Morey pounced & now we're building our Rockets Boat around Harden

Kyrie royally F'd over LBJ & Gilbert simply thru masterful timing
    Well played Sir

AroundTheWorld and ricky-retardo like this.