1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CP3 likes Westbrook to Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Jul 8, 2019.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Westbrook and Harden combining for 20 rebounds a game! :D Better get Steven Adams to help PJ Tucker with the boxouts! (And D-Mo)

Easy and Invisible Fan like this.
  2. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Harden has 6'11" wingspan.

D-rock and Nook like this.
  3. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

IF CP learns to take a backseat, given his age/needing to pace himself, this could be a win-win for everyone on the Rockets. I'm actually for it, as it could push EG to the bench (if he's not in deal). We could still work with the rotations of taking CP out early in the 1st, bringing him back in to spell Westy/Harden.

I'd make it happen.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

which explains why one of his favorite moves is the reach around, instead of moving his feet. gotta take advantage of the winspan ;)

5. realonemo

realonemo Member

Yeah Russ definitely will get to pick his next team. They are not sending him to no damn Minnesota. I also thinks he wants to win badly after 3 consecutive 1st rd loses. He has nothing else to play for.

6. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Why does he get to pick which team? This is not a sign and trade

7. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

everyday eddie likes this.
  8. SRR21

SRR21 Member

Dwight no way coming back
    Udoh just signed big contract over seas.
    That means Chandler starting C, I just puked in my mouth.

9. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

OKC owns two future MIA picks. Would OKC trade Westbrook, knowing that those picks would lose some value?

If MIA was willing to make their 2023 1st completely unprotected to push this deal through, would that be change the calculus enough for OKC?

10. realonemo

realonemo Member

He stayed after KD left and has been extremely loyal to the franchise.

everyday eddie and izeroi like this.
  11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The reports are that they will do him a solid and work with him and his agent to move him to a team that he'll be happy with.

12. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

CP3 would have no place on this team if we get Westbrook unless he wants to be an outside shooter. Westbrook would take his place and CP3 will just be setting up on the 3 point line.

Westbrook would be a good fit for this iso focused offense because he's basically the same player as Harden without the elite flopping.

13. tc0330

tc0330 Member

thats not true at all

everyday eddie and ROXTXIA like this.
  14. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Replace Gordon with House, because Gordon would be in the deal almost by necessity.

15. izeroi

izeroi Member

If that really is the case then imo he will mark Pistons/Wolves off of the list. Can't picture him wanting to go to those teams.

Mia -OKC owns picks from them. Not sure if they want to send him there to devalue those picks
    Hou- Seems like a difficult trade to make happen, but not impossible (I think)
    NY- Crap team going nowhere, but hey its NY...

16. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Just curious if this trade were to happen would people rather Iggy at the 3 with Westbrook at the point guard position or Harden at the 3 with Chris Paul as the point guard.

As an aside we have CP3 under contract until he's 37. Would having Westbrook under contract until he's in his mid 30's raise a big red flag seeing that his game is based on athleticism?

17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

How would we even do this?

18. PhiSlammaJamma

I would do it. I don' like Westbrook. But I like what he brings. You put two MVP together with Paul, and that's a wrecking ball. It would immediately put us as the favorites. However, it's not Harden's team anymore. They will be sharing the spotlight, but in this day and age, that's how it is. I wouldn't make the mistake we made with Anthony, all three should be on the court at the same time.

19. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Would be interesting if Cuban would assist in a deal like this.

Technically, the best option for everyone involved is something like this:

Rockets in: Westbrook

Mavs in: Gordon

Thunder in: Shumpert & contracts + picks

Rockets get Westbrook for Gordon and picks. Mavs get Gordon for nothing. Thunder get a 1 year guaranteed contract and picks while shaving some salary. Shumpert gets a nice one year salary bump and playing time with a rebuilding team.

joshuaao likes this.
  20. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Alternate solutions? There is only one solution and that's a trade lol