1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CP3 likes Westbrook to Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Jul 8, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

...and I could be wrong too but Shump's new team would be hard-capped, not the Rockets.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I believe an S&T in hard caps us, not an S&T out.

Game7 likes this.
  3. Game7

Game7 Member

You have it right. I have seen it explained probably 100 times in the last week here.

bilaal14, joshuaao and J.R. like this.
  4. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Tough crowd here. Although I spot the unnecessary sarcasm towards fellow Rockets fans, you seem to miss the sarcasm towards Capella’s game in the playoffs which I was trying to imply.

5. cml750

cml750 Member

If this happens it will be Presti paying us back for screwing them with the Harden trade. We lose all of our role players to watch Westbrick average a triple double shooting 25% from the floor and a first round exit from the the playoffs.

6. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

I think I'd rather have Steven Adams.

Easy and MorningZippo like this.
  7. rockets13champs

vince likes this.
  8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

These right here are HUGE issues.

1) Morey and MDA being *arrogant* believing they can make things work. And not just finding proper fits. Why swim upstream?

2) Tilman wanting a *star*, basketball fit be damned. Hey Tilman, just about everyone on this board would have been happy with a JaMychal Green addition or a Jerami Grant addition.

Guys, JUST MAKE BASKETBALL MOVES. Moves that fit.

lilbird20 and Easy like this.
  9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I feel like half the people in the *Bring Westbrook to the Rockets* camp are just people that want *something done no matter what.*

DO SOMETHING...anything.....even if it doesn't make sense. I don't care....just don't sit on your hands!!!!!

That's where we are right now. Not great.

lilbird20 likes this.
  10. tc0330

tc0330 Member

i want him because i think hell speed up our offense. we desperately need that imo

Ben Frank likes this.
  11. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I don't know how much this is worth but two days ago Bill Simmons was hanging out with Morey in Vegas. Morey even participated in a live podcast he did. Then, in yesterday's BS pod, he was talking about possible Westbrook trade partners and there was no mention whatsoever of the Rockets. Not even an ass pull hypothetical trade. Maybe he knows we're not interested? I dunno this is probably nothing but I'm still here hoping we don't touch Westbrook with a ten foot pole.

crimsonghost likes this.
  12. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Did he like it because he wanted to be traded?

Invisible Fan and KingCheetah like this.
  13. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Don’t know. Possibly.

14. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

15. TilmanFinancialWindfall

CP3 did not Like CP3 to the Warriors for Curry

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/w...ains-why-he-rejected-true-trade-warriors-2011

"Yeah, I remember it. True story," Paul told Maverick Carter and Paul Rivera. "Yep. that happened with a few teams. I actually never wanted to come out west. I'm born and raised on the East Coast, so I never was crazy about [Los Angeles] and all that until I finally got out here and lived out here. But at that time, all I really knew about The Bay, because I had been there to play the games, and everything was so hilly ... "

This all started in mid-April with a story from "The Victory Machine" book in which author Ethan Strauss wrote that the Warriors almost traded Steph Curry and Klay Thompson to the Hornets for Paul in 2011. The deal fell through when Paul said he wouldn't re-sign with the Warriors, who at the time, were not yet a consistent NBA playoff team.