1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cp3 is questionable / game time decision

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, May 27, 2018.

1. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

That being said - I am hoping James locks in completely. This is his legacy on the line

Stormy1234 likes this.
  2. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

I literally just played that scene in my head without remembering what movie that was from.

3. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

We just need CP3 1 more time this season. We can beat the cavs without him. Cavs offense is garbage.

4. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

I was at game 7 for the Clippers vs Rockets a few years ago and the crowd was stupid electric. This is a bigger game. The crowd should be lit.

5. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

So that means he's playing

Stormy1234 likes this.
  6. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Then let's get Lebron.

D-rock and bulkatron like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I doubt that 'questionable status' very much......I feel strongly that Chris is pushing this and if he plays he is going to play hurt. It is what it is.

MDA was never the coach that denied a player's wishes.

He played with a hamstring injury before. He actually suffered one left, one right.

#107 daywalker02, May 28, 2018
    Last edited: May 28, 2018
    Stormy1234 likes this.
  8. JW86

JW86 Member

I think he should play if the doctors give him something that allows him to be on the court. Biggest game and closest to a finals CP3 has ever come and he doesn't believe in looking at the future like getting a shot at a title down the line in a recent ESPN interview with that bald guy . I don't think he will though, so Harden better be ready. It's time to show the MVP status is real and he can play through everything. I don't wanna see him falling on the floor to put us in a 5 on 4 position. None of that walking back loser mentality, talking to the refs, jumping up and down etc. Show you are tough! Do it for Chris who puts his health on the line.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  9. MyLateRegistration

It's not. Stop with the hyperbole. If they lose? Then what? He needs to retire?

D-rock likes this.
  10. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

TBH if he isnt 100% and has a potential to hurt this team, then i sit him.

If he cant do the defensive switches how they are suppose to be done, then he will hurt us more than he will help.

I think the Rockets can pull it off as long they are play disciplined defense for 4 full quarters.

11. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

CP3 is not playing and it is the right decision. For the very reasons you mention, it is not fair to him or the team to have him out on the court. This is not about toughness or pain threshold. He has a bad spasm surrounding the injury to prevent further damage. He simply cannot control the leg as required no matter what he wants to do. With the tightness that is there he can only make this injury worse if he tries to play. Rockets have the team right now to get this done.

12. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

4 quarters with 6 man rotation against the best team ever assembled, commentators,doubters,referesses,commisioner and vegas. We can have no lapse etc :eek:
    Yes even if the rockets players insist fatique wasnt a factor :( I dont believe them one bit.

saleem likes this.
  13. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Eric Gordon, P.J Tucker, Trevor Ariza, Gerald Green need to hit their 3 point shots, attack the rim more, dunk the ball, layups are more challenged. Clint Capela be a Defensive Presence. James Harden needs to run more pick and rolls at the top of the key with Start Alley Oops to Capela. Backcut passes for layups should be top priority. James Harden dribble less, pass and get everyone involved.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  14. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Hopefully the game is close in the 4th Qtr and Chris Paul plays with 5 minutes left to close it out. Let Chris Paul Play Only 5 minutes just Passing, Spot up shots, no driving, take defensive plays if possible.

hakeem94 and Stormy1234 like this.
  15. acjeitherocket

source?

seeingred likes this.
  16. MystikArkitect

Pretty sure CP is playing and could’ve played Game 6 if needed. Rockets knew the cards were stacked anyway and held him out as a precaution.

I go back to this: if CP was hobbled and needed attention to get back why oh why would he have gone to Oakland? I thought that was a huge tell.

He’ll be there tonight.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

could be this, or that they already knew no chance he'd be able to play in game 7. let's hope your version is the right one

Stormy1234 likes this.
  18. MystikArkitect

If they knew that I’m pretty sure they would’ve just announced it right away like they did Game 6. The fact that it was questionable from the start means, to me at least, that there was always hope of him playing.

BigShasta likes this.
  19. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Yep I was thier for that one, n have been there for all the games this series. When the game is at its most the fans always bring it

20. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Bring him out to start the 2nd half and deflate some of that GS 3rd qtr push.