1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CP3 another choke job and premature PO exit

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by hakeem94, Apr 30, 2017.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Jazz are a great team.

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I don't want a premiere PG . I want talent, no matter what the position. We have plenty of shooters and defenders and are still an inferior team to the more talented GSW team.

3. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Can the Spurs afford him this offseason?

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

They should probably dump Parker and maybe Green/Pau but yeah, it's possible and rumored too so...we'll see. I hope it doesn't happen.

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I like CP3. He's clearly an amazing player and PG. But there's something... off about his game and playoff exits.
    I know Big Baby Davis takes a lot of heat, but the video posted of him with Cowherd recent;y I think nailed on it.
    And since its coming from a guy who played with both, well it might actually be true.
    And he said Rondo seems like a cantankerous dude, but out there on the court he's actually positive and encouraging his teammates. He's telling Big Baby to take the next shot, it's ok.
    Whereas CP3 is out there like a supreme micromanaging orchestra leader. And there's a nervousness about f'ing up with him around, because he is so good, and so tough on you when you mess up.
    And there's just something about that type of leadership that can be detrimental, imo.
    And then you pair him with Doc, who basically gives off the EXACT SAME VIBE, and instead of reinforcing something that works, you just double down on a leadership style that doesn't seem to work,
    I think the team was basically almost as good with Del Negro.

rm365, hakeem94, Tha_Dude and 4 others like this.
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Harden is both our best playnaker and scorer

RasaqBoi, macho GRANDE and Wapzoe like this.
  7. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Doc hasn't accomplished anything that Vinny Del Negro didn't. .500 record in the first round, .000 record in the semis.

CP3 is great, but he's never had a monster playoff series to carry his team to the conference finals. Maybe it's not his fault, per se, that the Clippers haven't gotten further, but he's also never put a team on his back and willed it deep into the playoffs. That's why it matters that he's never made it past the second round; by the conference semifinals, you're almost always going to go up against a team with another superstar. You need to take your game to another level to carry a team to the conference finals and beyond.

MJ put up 41ppg on 50% shooting against the Suns. Shaq averaged 37/17 on 60% shooting against the Pacers. Hakeem put up 35/12 with three 40-point games against the Spurs. Duncan averaged 24/17/5/5 against the Nets. Magic had 26/13 against the Celtics in '87. LeBron destroyed the Warriors last year with 30/11/9 (plus 2+ blocks & steals).

Chris Paul's signature playoff moments are screwing up against OKC and blowing the series against us. Until that changes, he should be disqualified from the all-time great discussion.

rm365, hakeem94 and Jake Tower like this.
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Unfortunately this is the culture of today. Tmac is the same, dude has showed up every playoffs while on the Rockets, but because his teams never won its all blamed on him and not on 0-fer Alston, Juwon Howard and all the other crap he is playing with. It is also how Dwight is being blamed for 100% if the mess in Atlanta. Its lazy but it sells the story people want to go with so the posters here roll with it.

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

10. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Agreed. Quinn Snyder on the other hand, that dude is a helluva coach. Very even keel and seems like someone you would strive to please

hakeem94 and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  11. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

thats why i blame paul. same with me blaming carmelo.

paul wanted to play for los angeles at all costs. (he straight up forced a trade to clippers after stern nixed the lakers trade. this mofo straight up was obvious as hell about just wanting to go to los angeles. I guarantee he resigns there if they offer him the 220 mil contract)

melo wanted to play for new york at all costs.

enjoy your big markets guys.

12. dmoneybangbang

He should go to the Cavs and Kyrie should join the Clippers.

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep lol, if he stays there for the money then he can enjoy his retirement in mediocrity

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  14. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

cavs would be idiots to do that. kyrie is a flat out baller who is still young. cp3 is on a downward trajectory

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  15. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Yeah if it hasnt been said already, it was telling how Deandre Jordan originally wanted to LEAVE the Clipper situation. His initial feelings were probably his truest feelings, before getting kidnapped and bribed into staying. (Can even see the Clipper kidnap indicating a "You Go through US how WE want" overbearing leadership style) The insufferable Kobe turnoff way

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  16. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Threads like this make us look like such haters.

As if we didn't lose a series to the Blazers where we had home court and were heavy favorites. (Or if you wanted to go back pre-Harden, Mcgrady led, dropping game 7 at home vs the Jazz, or dropping a 2-0 lead with 3 of the next 5 at home vs the Mavs.)

Yeah we handled business in the first round, but I'd wait to see how we play vs the Spurs before assuming we could have taken Utah, let alone without a key player (a la Blake).

macho GRANDE likes this.
  17. Zergling

Zergling Member

I don't know what the salary cap situation is with the Knicks, but they could at least become relevant again if CP3 and Blake decided to stay together and sign with the Knicks. A starting lineup of CP3, Courtney Lee, Melo, Blake, and Porzingis is at least worth watching for Knicks fans.

Also, to make it relevant to the OP, CP3 would have a much better chance getting to the conference finals in the East, obviously.

18. BleedsRocketRed

Game 7 at HOME today:

13 points
    9 points in the 1st half
    4 points in the 3rd Q
    0 points in the 4th. Q

Not to mention constantly deferring to Crawford, DeAndre and Felton in the 3rd and 4th Q. You're the ****ing leader and you shrink like this?

I dont want to hear about no Blake Griffin crap. Griffin played 104 mins this series to Goberts 100.

This dude, year after year always shrinks down the stretch. His teams always blow series leads and always find some way to implode.

Chris Paul is the image of all bark and no bite.

#38 BleedsRocketRed, Apr 30, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
    davidio840, hakeem94 and Zboy like this.
  19. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

my boyz in LA do this every year! Just like clockwork...not a shocker...I predicted some BS like this would happen come playoff time..it's in their DNA

20. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

This is pretty harsh. Other than Blake and arguably Deandre, CP3's teammates have been pretty terrible throughout most of CP3's time there. They have been regularly overhyped because they are in LA. Austin Rivers, Jamal Crawford, Paul Pierce, and Brandon Bass are all guys who probably would be out of the league by now if the Clippers didn't take them. Then Deandre is pretty much the same player as Dwight except he doesn't act like an infant.

CP3 is very very competitive, which may be too much for some, but he's carried that team for years. There's also a big difference b/w him and Kobe. Chris is so intense that he sometimes hurts his teammates' feelings. Kobe was so intense that he would rape in his spare time.