1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Those are probably already sold out by now

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Saw that mortgage rates are falling - think I'll actually do the refinance now, especially if I can get like 3.25%.

CCity Zero, BigM and B-Bob like this.
  3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Not really.

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

My brother cancelled his spring break trip to Washington. Just monitor where the confirmed cases are.

5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

If you're planning on being around crowds in Houston (if you stay) then it probably won't make much difference for US travel. I'd be more concerned if you were flying to somewhere overseas. But traveling within the states I wouldn't worry much - unless you're already isolating yourself for an underlying health issue etc. Ie if it's in San Antonio, it's likely in Houston / New Orleans too.

Again I'd be more cautious if an underlying health issue, but you'd likely have to be just as concerned catching the flu etc.

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I'm heading to Vegas for my 40th bday. I will have enough alcohol in my system to kill anything. Possibly myself included since my friends were saying how we need to drink Four Lokos from Walgreens like the old days. **** my life...

sammy, marky :), CCity Zero and 3 others like this.
  7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Yeah the market is projecting a .5% cut in March as well as another .5% over the rest of the year. Honestly, I think this economy is going to have a lot of ability to blast off after we get past this problem in a few months. It could be a little rough until then, but those rate cuts along with the administration pushing for tax cuts seems excessive to me but whatever...

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Nice. Logged in to Chase and it says I could get a 3.45% rate, saving me $111 per month.

Not sure if I should pounce now or wait...

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bachannal buffet

10. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Heard the same info from a 3rd party yesterday about this tour group.

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I had a feeling that nursing home infection was going to bad. Looks like they are up to 6 deaths there.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Wait a a 1% difference in your rate. That's what I'm doing.

Nook and Haymitch like this.
  13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

whoops, she went to the mall for 2 hours upon release

Nook, TMac'n, snowconeman22 and 6 others like this.
  14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Oopsie poopsie!

15. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

My left foot broke

16. omgTHEpotential

How legit is this doctor?

17. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

At what point do you just say it’s out there like the flu, wash your hands and try not to get it vs we’re quarantining everyone who has it. Because it seems that this is probably prevalent and simply undiagnosed. When a few hundred to thousand cases pop all of a sudden it’s going to cause hysteria that may be unnecessary.

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I don't know anything about him, but that's a totally legit point of view.

For a long time the government would only test people who had returned from China. And there just aren't many test kits available. And they take a while.

So yeah, tons of people in this country with consistent symptoms haven't been tested.

I don't think this is a disaster. Most infectious disease experts knew it was coming, just a matter of time.
    Maybe it's a good sign that we haven't seen hundreds of people dropping dead. I still think the fatality rate will dip way below 2% once we have a better true idea of the real # of cases.

#1078 B-Bob, Mar 2, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

This, I think it'll dip below 2% too, I mean assuming that we're getting good info and not initially overreacting when it shows a high percent, because the media probably won't detail the low amount of tests done (so like 10 deaths but only 100 tests for Positive or something doesn't mean 10% mortality), It means your sample size is junk and you didn't test enough (especially if the R0 is 5-7 and if a high percentage don't even get symptoms, then they won't ever be tested), unfortunately good news doesn't get published but reprinted too late... Oh well, I think it'll be okay, just sucks regardless

robbie380, BigM and B-Bob like this.
  20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

All this may be true and I wouldn’t be surprised at all but rumors are notoriously shitty.

I was stuck inside memorial city mall last year when there was a fake shooter. My family and I had to dive into a Buckle storeroom because of a mass wave of people running the halls. Then a guy comes running in and says he saw a man with two pistols and then shortly thereafter an older women wanders in, full on crying, saying she saw the gun. Now both of these “eyewitnesses” actually saw nothing because nothing really happened. I don’t think either of them were lying I just know panic can do some weird stuff to your brain.

CCity Zero, Blatz and sammy like this.