1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Posted in the D&D, but I lost someone dear to me on Sunday night to covid. She was 89. Like a grandmother to me, and a mother to my father. A good woman. She never left the house and didn't have a driver's license. One of her family members gave it to her. Not sure who it would have been, but I'm guessing it would have been her grandson, who is one of my best friends.

What a terrible, effed up disease. I feel for my buddy and his entire family. They're like family to me.

No Worries, Amiga, malakas and 6 others like this.
  2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Sorry to hear. Condolences on your loss

Ottomaton, malakas and Two Sandwiches like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

#9423 YOLO, Jul 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  4. Nook

Nook Member

First.... Diamond and Silk? Really..

Second this person is a PCP.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

she isn’t qualified to speak apparently

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Texas fatalities spiked by over 600. Because of a different method which is to go by the death certificate.

7. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Are you absolutely sure that there is not 1 or 2 persons right or in front of them? A recent aerosolization study indicates it is akin to a waft of exhaled smoke that you smell but can't find the source. 1-2 meters is no longer the safe distance. But it's not my point.

I clearly said for optics reason because a great part of Americans, for political or some other reasons, willfully chose not to be as genius like you. They may manipulate this to suit their agenda. Heck, I won't be surprised if the most patriotic of them all would tweet something to that effect. In the fight against COVID19, it is not merely medical (in the US at least). All stops must be considered, optics included.

8. bobrek

So.. for optics, he is supposed to take mask off, sip, on, off, sip, on, off, sip, on, etc? What about in a restaurant?

Also, considering no fans are at the game. I am 99.999999% sure no one was within any distance of him.

9. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

1. "sip, on, off, sip, on, off," = Those hands are not in drinking position in any way.
    2. "What about in a restaurant?" = What about it? I'm talking about Fauci's image here.
    3. "no one was within any distance of him" = I clearly said not my point. Nevertheless, don't talk in absolute if you're not there.

10. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

KingCheetah likes this.
  11. SuraGotMadHops

I don't know what this video was, but the fact it has been removed already I'm sure speaks volumes. Must have been something anti-popular narrative.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

by this logic over half the vids on cf's posted should be removed

malakas and Ubiquitin like this.
  13. bobrek

Then why did You ask if I was sure no one was close to him. I answered your question.

I'm talking about his image as well.

14. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

1. Yes, you answered in absolute term to a point I clearly said is not the main point of my first post.
    2. Then why bring up a restaurant scenario where you cannot eat/drink with mask on and most likely won't have a similar optics reaction from me?

Not to derail this thread, my last word:
    For whatever reason, I sincerely hope you're knowingly ignoring the point of my post as I don't want to think you don't get it.

15. bobrek

I believe the point of your post is that Fauci needs to continually practice what he preaches for optic reasons.

The point of my reply is that in any public setting, especially one where food and drink are involved, there will be ample opportunity to catch him with his mask down.

Did you bother to Google his response to that picture?

16. malakas

malakas Member

Fauci is 80 years old.
    TBH forget optics reasons at his age, he should not be out there in the first place in the middle of a deadly pandemic.
    Especially coming in contact with crazy antimaskers in the White House.

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree he shouldn't be put in unnecessary risk. He is an important public figure though and he probably feels he needs to keep a public presence to remind people.

Nook likes this.
  18. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I think that is the point some of us are trying to make. You can't just say "go google the pic". Nobody fact checks anything. If at best, they go google something real quick to fit their narrative.

This is the same guy who said masks were pointless in March. The same guy who is now in a very public place, albeit few people. at a very vulnerable age.

When we keep berating people to wear masks out in public, keep unnecessary outings and contacts to a very very minimum, we have our country's 'expert' out throwing a ball and a vague picture of him between two people, only one wearing a mask.

And then we have people defending his actions because he is an 'expert' and he knows what he is doing. No, he is not an expert. He is a political puppet. The real experts are in a lab studying the virus. He is a moron. We have way too many people in this country making 'well informed' judgement calls and this is exact reason we are struggling with this virus. They tell us this is very serious but their actions say otherwise.

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fauci is the boss of many of those people studying the virus in a lab and they report their findings to him.