1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It’s frustration stemming from people completely ruining our shut down efforts in March and April, not that I want to go and catch Covid. We are fortunate to have had negative testing with PCR and antibodies despite continued occupational exposure daily.

Nook likes this.
  2. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly I was burned out the last couple of years of my previous job. I am actually enjoying just chilling at home, going to the store occasionally and bike riding. I'd love to travel, and I been thinking about going to some state parks just to hike. My wife complains is too hot so that's what kept me from going since she will just complain if I leave her alone.

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There are stories on here worth reading. It's not just about deaths @bigtexxx . This virus is serious. Nobody knows how long the duration of these long-term effects will be. It's too soon to know.

The long term effects in this article are really serious and pretty debilitating. Psychological, PTSD, extreme muscle weakness, chronic fatigue, brain fog, breathlessness, and more.

A hospital researcher said, "I have brain fog, I can't function. I have a PhD in physics and I can't put two thoughts together."

A 42 year old professional diver three months later, still experiences breathing difficulties. "Once back home, even after weeks I couldn't see any progress: if I took a small walk, it was like climbing Mount Everest. I was out of breath also just for talking. I was very worried," he said.

Brain fog, fatigue, breathlessness. Rehab centers set up across Europe to treat long-term effects of coronavirus
    By Laura Smith-Spark, Jo Shelley and Livia Borghese, CNN
    Updated 4:28 AM EDT, Sun July 19, 2020

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/19/health/long-covid-italy-uk-gbr-intl/index.html

#9284 deb4rockets, Jul 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    malakas and tinman like this.
  5. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

there are long term consequences of obesity yet over half of America is obese and has no problem eating terrible diets. Should we close down all fast food restaurants? Heart disease is the number one killer in America.

Space Ghost likes this.
  6. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

So again, you seem to discredit the severity of Coronavirus. Do you care if anyone close to you gets it, is hospitalized, has long term effects, or dies? It's pretty obvious by now nobody else matters to you.

Ziggy likes this.
  7. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Have you ever eaten fast food? Are you obese? Did you catch obesity or heart disease eating fast food once in awhile, but eating healthy most of the time? None of that matters when it comes to catching a virus. You can still catch it. You aren't invincible!

Ziggy and malakas like this.
  8. PhiSlammaJamma

How many Astro fans must die before the world helps us. Wait, maybe that's not the best approach.

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Maybe I’m wrong here, but I don’t think obese people can pass obesity to you.

deb4rockets likes this.
  10. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Finding safe places to piss and poop is the problem as most restroom facilities are closed then there's the safe lodging problem. Getting a hold of an RV is your best bet...

11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'm just going for day hikes, so if I have to piss I'll do it in a bottle. ******** is a different issue lol, but I do pretty well holding on.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Ask his mom.

dc rock and Ubiquitin like this.
  13. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

I like hiking but never really treked outside of the Midwest or DMV my entire life. I can't imagine running into rattle that y'all may encounter.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  14. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Obesity is for sure a worse human problem than coronavirus. By quite a few measures.

But this is a very strange attempt at deflection. Even if it was legitimate and obesity was contagious, then you would have two simultaneously devastating pandemics. But you very well know that obesity doesn’t get passed through droplets in the air to unwitting passerby’s that want nothing to do with it.

Ignoring the real consequences that can come with this is foolish.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

16. Buck Turgidson

17. KingCheetah

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

19. KingCheetah