1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Exiled

Exiled Member

I think it has to do with classic mistakes of rushing to achieve rapid lower Map which leads to septics shocks or cause complications like acute kidney injury ,supraventricular arrhythmias on an already suspected patients with unknown underline conditions

malakas likes this.
  2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

BREEK!

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.11.20031096v1

Excerpt from :
    https://www.sciencefocus.com/news/blood-type-a-more-vulnerable-to-coronavirus/

Blood type A ‘more vulnerable’ to coronavirus
    Researchers in China studied people who had been diagnosed with the illness.

• People with blood type A may be more vulnerable to COVID-19, study claims.
    • Researchers found that of the 206 patients in the study who died, 85 had blood type A, equivalent to 41 per cent of all deaths.
    • Advice is still to wash your hands and follow the guidelines issued by authorities, whatever your blood type.

donkeypunch likes this.
  3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The same sound the live bat makes when it first hits the boiling water.

4. Gdaliya

Gdaliya Member

I was told by my doctor that hypertension is a risk group.

https://www.hln.be/nieuws/buitenlan...risis-flauwte-door-oververmoeidheid~a89603e2/

So the guy that fainted in the dutch parliament is ironically actually there health minister Bruno Bruins.
    In his twitter message he said that i was due to fatigue from overworking and stress, he will take a night off and will resume his work tommrow.

Yung-T and malakas like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

I closed my office in the suburbs of Chicago. The one in downtown Chicago my partner runs is the one infected.

Half the staff at the location in downtown Chicago ride the train which to me is an absurd risk. He wants to bank as many workable days he can before the government or the landlord for the building (near Willis Tower) locks the building.

Currently I am paying all employees 100% of their salaries while getting almost no income from our clients as we cannot do a lot of legal work right now. I don’t know how long I can operate this way and pay everyone full rates and benefits. If this goes into June I will have to close the business. I have told my employees there are no guarantees but I will keep paying them until the business has no funds.

The downtown Chicago branch is still turning a profit by keeping about 80% of the staff coming in every day. His position is that he isn’t paying anyone to stay home. He will not use his cushion like I am. He believes I am a short sighted businessman and will be left with nothing.

My wife does not know I am paying everyone or that the operating costs are so high. It is a weird time. While I made the decision to pay my people even if I don’t get paid; I know most will not. A lot of small and medium sized businesses will be close to bankruptcy in less than 4-6 weeks at this rate.

6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I have no clue what blood type I am. **** me!

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Well, knowing won't let you survive. You are what you are. Just stay home.

Yung-T, Zboy, R0ckets03 and 1 other person like this.
  8. donkeypunch

Thats awesome of you but maybe should probably get some synergy going with a compromise and meet somewhere in the middle with their salaries. Im sure they would understand- they should for the overall benefit of the whole.

9. donkeypunch

All well and true, but for my own personal psyche and mental health, it would help tremendously.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Let me take an educated guess, Type O is the least vulnerable?

Not breek.

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Gotcha. I used to know what I was, but can't remember what I am. You could always call your doctor and see if they know.

12. malakas

malakas Member

Take this research and throw in in the garbage .
    Might as well start asking what is the patients horoscope.

Also you better find you and your familys blood group and write it on a paper/card on your wallet.

13. astros123

astros123 Member

Thats just not true. I have 45000 test kits that we got on Monday. The tests ARE available. I cant speak for everyone but I have other friends who have ample supply as well. How can you test the most "ill" when doctors and healthcare practitioners dont want to see these patients? They need to remove the requirement that order comes from a practitioner. It might lead to fraud and abuse but just make very harsh penalties for those who are trying to game the system. I have many friends who are doctors/NPs and nobody wants to budge

Yung-T, Kim, Deckard and 1 other person like this.
  14. likestohypeguy

Whoa, does "type A" include A positive?

15. malakas

malakas Member

Germany ordered from Bayern a huge quantity of chloroquine!

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Deckard, B-Bob and malakas like this.
  17. Beezy

Beezy Member

A+ gang here too.

[​IMG]

Yung-T, Nook and AroundTheWorld like this.
  18. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

19. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

When it came back positive, they recommended he be treated with the antimalarial medicine chloroquine and the HIV drug Kaletra.

Hakeemtheking, Yung-T, Kim and 3 others like this.
  20. Newlin

Newlin Member

Folks, we are failing.

We are failing at a Local, state, and national level.

This will be bad, really bad, because we just aren’t doing what we need to do.

Look at Italy. That is our future. We just aren’t taking the drastic measures we need to take.

We have been slow to react for weeks, and we continue to be slow.

What is so sad, is that we had the time to react and prepare, but we didn’t. We have done almost nothing until that last few days, and now it’s too late.

We are about to learn a hard lesson.

BaselineFade, daywalker02 and malakas like this.