1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cousins Is The Missing Piece

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Feb 23, 2020.

1. YaoMingsSoulja

2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Delete it, haha... Although then another thread like this might come back

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

99ers

4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

i agree but he’s a floor spacer and passer and can clog up space and if we can sign him for cheap and he’s okay with just being a rotation guy and not a starter I don’t see the downside.

lilbird20 and Lurch like this.
  5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

what’s wrong with taking a flyer on a minimum deal for a guy that is still very skilled. I didn’t mean 3-4 years I was really only saying this year and next. This year would be to let him rehab here with our staff get to know the players and coaches and learn the system.

we need one big on this team that isn’t young and not good like Hartenstein or old as hell like chandler.

we’re small ball all day and I like it but having a true 7ft guy who can shoot decent from 3 and is a good passer can’t hurt.

cousins fits that bill.

the only reason any team could get him for cheap is because of his Injuries. It was just 2 years ago he was widely seen as the best center in the game.

he’s still young. His little athleticism is gone but he can still shoot from three and playmake for a center.

the team could use a true center like that for spot minutes from time to time.

lilbird20, Le$$ and Imanimal like this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

anyone has yet to see what this guy looks like after his ACL tear. and this is on top of the other major injuries. Those are brutal collectively and for a big due like him, that much worse. I don't see much reason for the rockets to add him at this point, especially when his first priority is to remain with LA

roslolian likes this.
  7. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

i just don’t see the problem with taking a flyer on him at a minimum deal. We have to get a true center this offseason. Maybe it’s not him in fact it prob won’t be but we have to have one on the roster because the 2 we have can’t help us. Chandler is to old and hartenstein is just not good. I know ppl like him but he’s not a rotation player imo and won’t ever be. He’ll be out the league within the next 2 years.

lilbird20 likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

i mean people said the same thing about melo, mcw, ennis etc and how there's no problem with them at mins. well that was false bc they made this team worse. they were terrible fits. cousins post injuries is a huge question mark and red flags for a team that needs + contributors right now

9. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I wouldn’t mind the Rockets signing him to a vet min contract NEXT SEASON.

I wanted the rockets to trade for him while he was in Sacramento. Idk how much he has left after all of those surgeries though.

10. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

I don't think so. This guy is the missing piece

D-rock likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Waste of a roster spot IMO.

roslolian likes this.
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Rather have Tyson Chandler out there high fiving guys than Cousins pouting on the bench.

13. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Won’t have Chandler high fiving anyone when their home watching the Clippers take on the Lakers. You can enjoy that, but I’d rather see Cousins taking on his old buddy Anthony Davis for a shot at the Finals!!!

14. mikeshinoda

mikeshinoda Member

He's gonna be a big liability on the defensive end. Not worth it.

roslolian and D-rock like this.
  15. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

This is the dumbest thread since 1995

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Dude is ruled out for the season how d hell can he take on his old buddy AD?

17. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

No thanks. The Cousins we will see when he returns will only be a shell of his former self. I loved his game in Sacramento and New Orleans but he’s never getting back there.

18. pippsux

pippsux Member

That's a no for me

Too slow, injury prone and just not a good fit in our small ball lineup.

He needs to sit out the season and give his body time to heal and not rush back

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This is classic NBA 2K thinking.

CCity Zero likes this.
  20. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

This deserves some classics......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Le$$ likes this.