1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cousins for Capela/Tjones?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jxl92182, Nov 11, 2015.

1. hakeemthagreat

Lmao at ppl thinking Sacramento will only ask for Capela, Jones & a pick. Cousins is THE best bigman in the game. Dwight & DMo is what theyll probably want, and I'd do that in a heartbeat.

2. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I think Demarcus would be happy to have Karl as far away as possible from him.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Not sure they'd prefer Dwight. They are rebuilding.

4. CertifiedTroll

Sac knows what is up. They are going to trade Boogie straight up for Rubio. They know he is a deceptively good player. They realize the pitential of how well Rondo and Rubio could pass to eachother.

All I can say is once this happens, and it will, the one step follow through on their chest passes are going to be crisp.

5. KillScarz

KillScarz Member

He is definitely certified!

Boogie for D12+TJ+Brew and 1st would be great. Sacramento needs to realize he is a coach killer and that organization is not prepared for one and while he is there they won't accomplish anything. I can only imagine a Karl, boogie, Rondo practice haha

6. basketballholic

Good take Robbie. I agree with practically everything you wrote here. Supremely talented for sure. Attitude sucks....yeppers. And that's the biggest negative for me. Can he change that?? I dunno. But it makes me sick that a player so sickly talented as this man has such a crappy attitude. However, one hope I have is that off-the-court he seems to have a great reputation of being kid-friendly and people seem to like him a lot.

His shooting?? Totally agree with you up until this year. Watching him play and take those 17 footers...that he sux at.....like 95% of the players in this league suck at...makes me wonder if he's intentionally doing it, or is he coached to take those..or what's going on? Because it's totally destructive to his game.

But.....you have to take note of his 3-ball. You're saying he can't maintain this 3-ball pace. I slightly disagree with you there. That's a good looking stroke and obviously he's been given the freedom to let it go. His mechanics look very good for a 300 lb big man. And that shot appears effective WHEN HE'S WIDE OPEN UNGUARDED OUT THERE. I think he can maintain 36+% if he selectively takes wide open looks only and doesn't start forcing them with defenders close to him. So, if he does that, and he replaces them stupid 40% 17-footers with a 36% 3-ball, and it opens the court for him to drive and finish/dish, then I think his shooting could turn into an extreme positive. It's all about shot selection and decision making.

Kwame, he does know what he's talking about. Cousins has been abysmal with his shooting outside of 5 feet. And he's probably not ever going to become a 55% shooter from 16-23 feet. So, just like 95% of the league, he shouldn't be taking those shots....period. You're embarassing yourself with this lame response about speaking authoritatively. That's plum stupid when the numbers are right in front of you.

As to your point about him shooting the 3-ball at 42%....it's early. Stroke looks good. But DeMarcus has had a problem with his shot selection and decision making up to this point in his career. If he doesn't fix that..his 3-point efficiency could quickly erode to the low 20's in a few short games. So far, so good this year though. But it's early and we'll have to see. Be reasonable and understand what other posters are saying. Robbie was dead on. He's been abysmal shooting the ball outside of 5 feet. He's 35% for his career from 3-23 feet. That's Terrence _ones bad. And he's 21% or his career from 3. That's worse than Terrence_ones bad. So, DeMarcus is going to have to prove he can consistently take the right wide-open 3-balls and knock them down and avoid the contested looks which make his shooting percentage plummet.

All of this is likely for naught however. Because it appears that Karl is leaving Sacramento long before DeMarcus does. We'll have to see if it gets to the point where DeMarcus demands out and he won't budge on that demand no matter who Sacramento hires. DeMarcus most likely wants Calipari. If Sacramento can't pull Calipari then Cousins may indeed want out no matter what. And in that case it'll get somewhat interesting.

On a side note................

All you Drummond fans.....you need to take a look at the video closely. Watch Drummond here. He's such a lamebrain. Won't even challenge DeMarcus, walks away from DeMarcus defensively, and DeMarcus pushes him around on the glass on the other end. Drummond is NOWHERE CLOSE to being in DeMarcus' class. Nowhere close. He's just a really big, athletic guy that can dominate a lot of NBA teams with his sheer size and athleticism. But when he has to go up against really good players....this is what you're going to see consistently. He's not a top end center in this league. I don't care how many 20-20's he puts up.

7. hakeemthagreat

Yea but you're getting a elite defensive big & young big with solid post moves who can play pick & pop. I'm not sure any other team can offer a better set of bigman for Cousins

8. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I agree with that too but...

I'm not sure if they know they are rebuilding. The way they are handling contract negotiations suggest they are all over the place with strategies. Plus Vivek has been a bit of a wildcard so far so you really can't count out wackiness happening.

9. rockets13champs

Boogie is the ultimate stretch 5

10. malakas

malakas Member

What a post this is.

So because SBnation and Bleacher report have reported that Cousins doesn't want Karl you think the only logical solution for Sac is to keep an old geezer coach over their franchise player? :rolleyes: Who is under contract for 3 MORE YEARS?

Capella can be like Cousins?:grin: Really? Wake me up when he becomes Cousins.

Harden was in a team with capspace issues with two other franchise players.
    Cousins is in a team that have a clean capspace right now with no other franchise players.

This is homerism at its best right here.

11. linkz1993

linkz1993 Member

Cousins and Dwight in a line up would be the best twin tower lineup since Duncan/Robinson

12. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

There is no way Sacramento deals Cousins for anything less than a young, generational star. Capela, as much as I like the kid, has a much lower ceiling than Cousins.

13. ibm

ibm Member

hehe, this sounds at least there is a slight chance, in theory. maybe when george karl is in an extremely bad mood some day?

the op's proposal couldnt be more than a one-sided wishful thinking.

14. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

:rolleyes: