1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cousins for Capela/Tjones?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jxl92182, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Kash

Kash Member

This trade can happen -- on your Xbox.

2. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

We can let Dwight walk and sign Durant.

3. Raven

Raven Member

Filler + Capela + D-Mo + Harrell "might" convince the Kings not to hang up the phone, but that's too much for a player who's career offers plenty of evidence that he's dumber than a box of rocks.

4. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

5. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

sry wrong thread. after all these years clutchfans admin have to let more users edit their posts. at least users with 100 or 1000 posts

6. RedNation97

RedNation97 Member

Sacramento will part with George Karl before they let Boogie go.

7. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

It would take Sacramento 2 minutes to Google who Jones and Capela are before they reject our offer.

8. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Why do you speak so authoritatively about a player when you have no idea what you're talking about? You're just embarrassing yourself. Do a little bit of research before you just make stuff up next time, smh.

Cousins has added a three point shot to his offensive arsenal and is shooting over 42% from downtown this year, which is currently better than anybody on the Rockets.

Here are his highlights from yesterday against the Pistons:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iF4aFwnYj8E?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

how about boogie + karl for Tjones + Mchale? Lol

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Tip jar

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/couside01.html?mobile=false

So what part did I make up? I said his shooting sucks and it does. He won't shoot over 40% from 3 point land this year and you know that. If he shoots over 30% that will be a surprise and I'll eat my words.

So other than the shooting comment that we disagree on...what did I make up?

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Can we toss in McHale and get Karl?

DD

13. eman

eman Contributing Member

Do not want that knucklehead, no sir. The grass is greener on our side of the fence. I hope Capela retires a Rocket, 18 years from now.

14. dragician

dragician Member

Howard + Jones for Cousins.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I would do that deal.

DD

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You mean for the next Hakeem, according to CF scouts.

17. roidrage

roidrage Member

We're is this even a possibility is this even being talked about or is this just some Thread....wishful thinking type stuff

18. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Cousins just isn't a winner.

Imagine Harden + Cousins. With Dwight, at least one of our big two has a heart. With Cousins, we may be younger and perhaps more talented (offensively anyway) ...

But I just can't see an alcoholic + a malcontent + a Khloe dater turn out well.

19. conquistador#11

i'm not sure if i buy into the he isn't a winner storyline. eddie winslow was considered along those same lines, eventually matured with the grizzlies.

it will sink in for cousins just don't know when.

20. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

This is not happening.

But I am not going to flip out for people dreaming -- I'll play along.

Sacramento is in a serious bind. If they cave in, what does that mean for the future of their franchise? How many times will they allow an employee to punk them? Someone needs to put Boogie in his place. Sac Town isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so what's the point and going through all this crap with him?

If I were Sacramento, I would certainly entertain a Dwight Howard/Cousins exchange, but I am not sure that would be enough (I am not even considering salary). Howard is what, 30? Cousins is in his mid-twenties? For a team not going anywhere, Dwight doesn't make the needle jump, but I don't think it makes them any worse -- so it's a possibility. Not plausible IMO.

Now to think if Boogie would fit in with US. Attitude would certainly help. Low post scoring would certainly help. However, I fear the Ty/Harden/Boogie trio could be a little to volatile.