1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cousins: bust or star?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by roslolian, Jun 3, 2010.

?

How will Cousins end up playing as a center in this NBA?

1. A star-he'll be one of the top C's in the league

134 vote(s)
    44.5%
  2. A bust-he'll be the next coming of Eddy Curry

73 vote(s)
    24.3%
  3. A roleplayer-he'll be next Erica Dampier or Zaza Pachulia

94 vote(s)
    31.2%
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Draft Express :

A source close to DeMarcus Cousins indicates his preference is to land in Detroit. Feeling is mutual. Not a fan of Sacramento apparently

Cousins' camp is denying my report. Says that "he's a fan of Philly, NJ, Sac and Detroit. That's the fact. Nothing more. nothing less."

I asked "what about Golden State?" Response was they're "not going there." I guess we now know for sure that the Warriors are not welcome.

2. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

He needs to lose some weight. He looks slow.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Probably somewhere in between.

4. valorita

valorita Member

I am not an expert by any means ("only God is an expert Ernie" -Barkley) but my impression of Cousins is that:

Skill wise - A taller/longer Al Jefferson. He's got the girth, the strength, and the refined post moves. He is not a high-flyer but uses good footwork and his body to be effective.

Demeanor - Rasheed Wallace. Casual fans and the media give him a bad rep but his teammates and coach swear by him. Very high basketball IQ. Probably needs a mentor type person that he respects to be able to maximize his talents and not just be a good player like Wallace.

5. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

Another strong workout for Cousins in NJ today vs. Favors. He shot the lights out again. From what I gather it's now a toss-up in NJ @ 3

http://twitter.com/chadfordinsider

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I have doubts that Cousins and Brooke Lopez can play together. Just don't see Cousins as a PF because he's too heavy.

7. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Same - Cousins just strikes me as a C all the way. I don't think him and Lopez would work well together.

8. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/16858/demarcus-cousins-vs-nba-player-development

Tell me that there isn't anyone on the Rockets team that would fit the mentor bill for Cuz.

Please god get him in a Rockets uni!!

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I wish Cousins the best. With his needs, I don't think he's in the best environment with the Kings. But he could have done much worse at Golden State.

10. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

yeah it's not the best place for him to have landed, but it could have been worse.

11. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

Big cuz is looking like a star in the making. I havent seen a rookie big with this level of offensive ability since tim duncan. the craziest part is that he's not even old enough to drink legally!

12. BigBopper

BigBopper Member

it's kind of hard to judge that sort of thing. but cousins will be a 16-20 ppg player and 8-10 rpg. decent PF stats, and clearly all-star caliber Center position stats. questionable attitude? gimme a break! he will shut up and play ball

13. VBG

VBG Member

That seems like a low estimate. This guy has been beasting. He's also shown great court vision and passing.

He and Tyreke Evans could be something really special.

14. BigBopper

BigBopper Member

he will be splitting time, though. at least for the first year or two with Landry, Jason Thompson (who is not a beast like cousins, but is definately serviceable), Omri Casspi, Dalembert....he has people in front. but all in all, i'm with most of the other posters in saying that i think he will turn out to be the best by far out of this group and Tyreke, Cousins, Casspi, Landry could be a really good YOUNG nucleus for this team.

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

And he doesn't have his license.

One thing that has impressed me in the Summer League is his passing ability.

16. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

I am convinced that he will be lazy in maintaining his conditioning and blow up like Sweetney. I expect him to be follow the same path as Greg Oden, injury wise. He's young, so he may miss only 15-20 games the 1st season. By the 2nd season, he'll miss anywhere from 20-60 games.

17. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

actually after watching him play...i think daryl morey should walk up to this kings and make his all in move for cousins.

Say...I will give you Jordan Hill our 2012 and whatever asset it takes...JT? then use MLE money on wafer.

I think that solves all our problems...and if we still are lacking by mid year flip ariza/jeffries and 2nd round pick for Iggy

18. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

:confused:

Keep trying to convince yourself. I've said all along: he's a bonafide stud. I don't understand how people couldn't see that from watching him at Kentucky. Too risky? Please. Philly and NJ will be kicking themselves after this year -- he's the real deal.

19. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

NJ, definitely. Philly got a great player, too.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Is that what happened to your career because that sure is a lot of hate for a young man.