1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Courtside Fan in Drexler Jersey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gsw4315, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Gabe risked his life, he deserves this thread

2. Moleb

Moleb Member

wow a person on the front row actually being a fan? I'm shocked!

3. jbasket

jbasket Member

Yes, but in general, they would just tell security to get him/her out. Think about the media reaction if a fan gave the other team free throws...

I mean... if it is Donaghy, probably get thrown out for giving him a bad bet. Mauer, maybe 5 people in 10 seconds. Crawford, maybe if you make fun of his multiple hump-move blocking call.

But in all seriousness, just don't make fun of race, threaten to kill, talk about terrorism, etc. and I think you will be ok. Gabe probably just yelled that he was a bad ref, which should be acceptable. Refs are supposed to be used to that, and if they are not, should not be reffing.

4. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

That settles it, we need Gabe to host an AMA

5. SevenMinuteAbs

[​IMG]

6. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

Give a man a little bit of liquid courage and he'll show you how to become a local hero.

7. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Heh heh heh. And it only gets worse for Zach Zarba.

[​IMG]

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

It looks like he's even wearing a watch. The guy is old school! I love his passion, the refs deserved to get an earful during that game!

2 people like this.
  9. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Give this man a medal.

10. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Is that person anyone here?

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

You talking about Gabe?

12. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Gabe is everyone here.

13. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

In any other game I would not have condoned that behavior. But the Portland game was the worst officiated game I've seen this year. WORSE than the @GSW game.

It's one thing to dictate a game by calling quick touch fouls against Dwight Howard. But that happens not infrequently. It's another thing altogether to miss call after call after call that physically TAKES POINTS AWAY FROM US AND GIVES EXTRA POINTS TO THE OTHER TEAM. Those BS technicals, the 24s violation, the phantom offensive fouls against Harden and Hamilton...it was unbelievable.

Those refs got less than they deserved.

14. RedandYellow94

RedandYellow94 New Member

Although I have been browsing through clutchfans for over a decade now, I rarely make any posts and don't really know how the site is run. The reason I ask is because I told my buddy, Gabe, that people on the site really appreciated his fire in rooting on our team the other night. Gabe created a username and tried to post his experience from the night. He did this yesterday on 2 separate post but neither have gone through. I was wondering, what would be reason behind this? Is there a probationary period for new members? If anyone could shed a little light on this I would appreciate it. Thanks. Go Rockets

15. BeverleyIsWet

BeverleyIsWet New Member

Fun fact about Gabe

He was 100% sober during all that, all his actions were a result of his hate for the refs or love for the rockets

16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I watched the game again yesterday, and I still got ****ed at the play calling down the stretch.

17. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/U1B78r2QuAw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>)

A Jazz fan was ejected last season against the Heat. Most reports said DWade had the guy ejected, but Wade told a Miami reporter it wasn't him.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I asked Wade about the fan incident. He said the fan was kicked out for saying something to the official.</p>&mdash; Joseph Goodman (@JoeGoodmanJr) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoeGoodmanJr/statuses/291049637027147777">January 15, 2013</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

first row fandom at a rockets game?

i heard gabe invented the flux capacitor is that true?

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

:grin: This is so great and what is missing in soooo many of today's NBA games. When you just go with your corporate buddies and use your cell phone all game, you might as well be at home watching the Bachelor or some crap.

20. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

I loved it when Scola would go flying into the first row and knock over all the soccer moms that were too busy looking at their iphones to watch the game.