1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Courtney Lee

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J Sizzle, Mar 20, 2012.

1. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Im with you on CLee. Dragich doesnt flop every time a breeze hits him so i enjoy watching him play atm more than Lowry. Lowry is a stud but all the flopping just gets on my nerves.

2. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

IDK, Nets management is pretty bad...

3. finsraider

finsraider Member

You can only resign both Dragic and Lee if you dump Martin. I think the Rockets want to bring Llull and DMo over next year, and will likely go after Asik.

A backcourt of Lowry, Dragic, Lee, and Llull would be sick...especially since they would be playing together for 3 plus years.

4. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Here is how you do it. (Keeping Lee and Dragic)

Trade Kevin Martin and Possibly Kyle Lowry to get you allstar finally. See if we can get someone at SF or PF for those two and you keep and start Lee and Dragic. Also keep Scola in that deal. So it makes sense to go after a Small forward.

5. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

I love both of our point guards but i actually prefer dragic. He doesn't flop all the time, plays a lil better D and is a more talented offensive player. But I love Kyle too. Tough decision this offseason

6. Remix

Remix Member

It will be a real tragedy if Martin comes back and starts over Lee.

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I understand what your saying here, but its so simple to say "trade this guy or that guy for an All-Star" but the deal has to make sense, and both teams have to be on board. Look, every team is trying to do three things when they make a deal-

-Make their team better
    -Help their cap flexibility
    -Get draft picks if possible

If you cant address those needs for the OTHER TEAM in a deal then IMO, it really shouldn't even be considered.

To be honest, I dont think Morey knows which way he's going to go come draft day 2012, but what I can tell you is that he is willing to walk on Lee/Dragic if he cant get a deal done that makes sense for their team. You dont make bad deals with guys as good as Martin/Lowry to re-sign guys like Gragic/Lee. Taking back bad salary, locker room distractions, or bad players could be a major blow to the franchise.

With that being said, we all know that Martin will be shopped come draft night. Lowry is much less likely, but if a major deal is on the table then who knows.

The only thing I can tell you for sure though is that Lee and Dragic are going to be very important the next four weeks for the future of this franchise. If they can get in the playoffs and make noise, I think there will be a nice buzz going into the offseason, and the value of the current players on roster will shoot through the roof. Which will then give Morey much more abilities to upgrade the team.

8. disguyman

disguyman Member

if martin does come back and start, then mchale has lost his damn mind.

9. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I know all that. I am just outlining a few options. The many coming our way. Its not just limited to Kevin Martin and Luis Scolas value anymore. Its proven that Courtney Lee, Lowry, and Dragic all have huge value. The Rockets can capitilize on all of that by keeping all of them. When the right time comes around? Use any combination a team wants to get some of these players from us. Not let any of them walk without us locking something up in return with what we already have on the roster. Do not let them walk. I dont care if we have Lowry and Martins contract to consider plus theirs. They can figure that out after they lock them both up who moves.

10. CertifiedTroll

I feel Lee has earned himself the starter roll at this point; however, the dragon will probably still be coming off the bench when Lowry is healthy.. He is our star player after all, but I still expect to see great things from Drag even as a reserve.

11. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Definitely wanna retain CLee and Dragic...
    Dragic could win 6th man of the year in that spot...
    CLee is worthy of starting on a champioship caliber team...

All we need to do is turn Scola/Kmart/Bud/Sam or Cam/1st rd pick into a top tier pf...

Klow/Dragic - solid
    CLee/Dragic/ ? - draft a bu
    Parsons/MMo - passable
    ? /PPat/DMo - need
    Sam or Camby/DMo - solid