1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Courtney Lee - who is he?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

did not know this. Anyone else pick up on this?

2. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Nice post bro keep it up!

3. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

COULD Courtney Lee start at SF?

4. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I still would have expected him to score more points. A lot of times players stats are said to be"inflated" when they play on bad teams. Definitely disappointing for the Nets that he only managed to score 12 points per game in an offense that was begging for someone to step up and score.

I can understand his efficiency numbers going down but a little, but basically all of his totals were also pretty meager. Very weak rebounding and assist numbers. Only gets to the line once a game. I think some of those totals/minute will actually go down with the Rockets since he'll even have less of a role. I'm really not expecting more than 20 mpg, 8 ppg, 1apg, 2rpg. If he can shoot around 38% from three that would be good enough.

5. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

I love the 40% 3pt shooting his rookie season. I think with Yao he will get a lot more open looks than he did in New Jersey. If we can get him up to about 100 3's on 250 attempts that would be lovely.

6. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Well rockets nation. I wouldn't get too excited about him. Maybe he'll shine again since Yao is back. 2 me he is another Roger mason jr but able to drive to the hole. Streaky but when he is on he is on.

This was a good trade salary wise cause you get rid of " I think I'm a scorer" trevvor ariza. The guy tried to do too much. Idk y management let him have the green light

7. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

He is only 6-5. Disaster in the making. For all the Battier hate and the desire to banish him to far end of the bench, he is still a bigger, stronger, better defender than both Chase and Courtner Lee.

Melo, Peja, Caron Butler, Durant, Artest, hell even Rudy Gay has 3 inches and 30 pounds on him. He would get posted up all day and these guys would bother his jumpshot too.

I know your post wasn't a statement suggesting that he should start at the 3. It was just a question. My answer is "Hell Naw".

8. lustdog

lustdog Member

I doubt the worthiness of discussing Lee's abilities. Morey rid the hefty contract of Arizia for some 'potential' big fish. Or simply tryin to save Les some dollars. Lee's pretty much a sidekick.

9. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

And for those saying he will thrive playing with Yao, how many minutes do you think he'll actually play with Yao? If he's coming off the bench I don't see him playing with Yao more than 8 minutes a game. The majority of the time he'll be playing with a big man significantly worse than Brook Lopez.

10. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Someone mentioned the late bobby phills. Thats pretty much him in a nutshell.

11. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Courtney Lee is the white Chase Budinger.

12. eman

eman Contributing Member

Significant upgrade at the FT and bottom lines.

13. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think you'll see Martin play sometime at the three with Lee at the two and Lowry at PG. It all just depends on match ups Martin can't guard any of the elite three's out there but he can play the position. He played the three when Bonzi and Artest were in the starting lineup back in SAC.

Overall, I've watched a lot of Lee. He's young stud but not a future Allstar. All I know is I'm excited to see how this folds out.

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Very intelligent post.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Let's try to keep the posts positive.

;)

DD

16. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Hard to be positive about something that was non-existent half the time.

;)

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3AEYKEHfJ68?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3AEYKEHfJ68?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

But... in all seriousness I'm really excited to watch this kid play.

18. DaDakota

It's a new day, we got Yao back and Brad Miller is better than Andersen.

Just having Yao in there improves everyone's D.

DD

19. SunsRocketsfan

Lee sounds like a decent human being off the court and that is great but how many nice guys do we need? I think we need a tough, a bit dirty, rough, bruiser, banger and physical type player on this team. Outside of Lowry who is SHORT we dont have that guy. Yao, Shane, Patterson and now Lee are all SUPER NICE GUYS.

20. DaDakota

Brad Miller and Luis are our big enforcers.

Yao is our rim intimidator

Lowry is our small enforcer and Lee is our pest.

DD