1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Courtney Lee - who is he?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Aug 11, 2010.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Actually he is the guy helping Bud get more minutes since Ariza is gone.

2. worzel gummidge

I think he'll be ahead of Budinger for SF minutes.

3. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Just another scrub off the bench and gone in a few years or as the next filler in the next Morey trade to get under the salary cap after he misses the window of him being valuable passed up.

4. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I agree. Maybe they'll make a run at Young or Iggy i know both have been rumored lately. We have role players with alot of energy built around Yao i dont think its enough, but improved - yeS!! We need a Ben Wallace 'prime' type big man who can run and defend. We need more size on the wings. I think they'll be shopping for Yao and Shane's replacements before you know it.

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Nope. Hell be behind Kevin Martin at the 2 guard spot. This is a move taylor made to push Budinger closer to being the starting SF. When Battier comes out of the game Bud will typically be the replacement... depending on the match ups of course.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I still haven't forgiven him for this. Now that he's a Rocket, I'll get over it............somehow.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

7. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

I know a lot about him since I'm also a Nets fan.

Lee is an average role player.

Streaky shooting, had a terrible statistical season with the Nets.

TERRIBLE defender. This guy gets burned by every sg in the league. He's small and thin, gets absolutely abused. Just wait till you see him in person to get a look at how small he is.

I saw nothing good from Lee last season, having watched a bulk of Nets games.

Make no mistake, we got worse talent wise by swapping Ariza for Lee.

8. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

They need that enforcer in the middle like Chandler would have been perfect or a prime Ben Wallace or Danny Fortson. They need something in the middle i dont want to go into the season putting my money on Yao staying healthy, because it has failed 3 out of the last 4 seasons. Miller is not enough and Hill is not ready and Chuck s too short. They need to find Yao and Shanes replacement between now and next season AND a 3rd point guard.

9. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Me neither, but the information is flooding in. Clutchfans hard at work.

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Good thread. Hope he fits in and plays good D

11. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

he is going to be a crowd favorite sort of like Von Wafer was....actually better version of Von

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BEwf9uj8d0I?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BEwf9uj8d0I?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

12. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

I can see that.

13. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

:confused: Morey told me he is the next Ray Allen. In Morey I trust.

14. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

I like that. It's great that we've finally broken out of the stigma of being a small (in height) team. Even off the bench we've got Brad & Jordan in the paint. Looking good boys.

15. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

oh the fond memories of nba finals suckage. :mad: 20 second vid made me hate this trade even more.

16. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

that guy courtney lee looks like the rapper drake with a rip hamilton mask on.

17. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

He will play next to zero minutes at SF.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Good point. Lee can play SF better than most people realize, especially since our frontcourt if Yao gets backs is good enough to compensate for a small SF.

19. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

All I know is, he's a good defender and a streaky shooter.