1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Courtney Lee wants to stay in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by evo8lover, Apr 24, 2012.

1. evo8lover

evo8lover Member

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2012/04/lees-free-agent-destiny-is-in-teams-hands/ there is the link and here are some quotes

“I’d love to stay in Houston,” Lee said. “I have little control over that. The only thing I can control is how I play every night and give 100 percent effort. The off-the-court stuff is up to the front office and owner. I’d like to stay, but that’s their decision.

“Houston is always going to be my first choice. It’s up to those guys, if I get an offer, whether they match it or if they just come out and give me an offer.”

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

Dwight said the same thing about Orlando :eek:

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Courtney is restricted.
    Courtney will be back in Houston.
    No surprise here.

4. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Feigen needs to update the Twitter feed of that page. You can see tweets from Hasheem Thabeet on there lol.

Anyways, I think Lee will stay in Houston.

5. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I think it's just Courtney being professional about this upcoming free agency. If he does want to be here, great, but I think ultimately, he will choose whatever is best for him (playing time, money, etc.). I hope the Rockets match anything up to 7, possibly 8 mil for him.

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

5 years, $40M is about as high as I would go. If a team out there is willing to sign him for more than that, then power to them. They'll be getting a high energy, hard-working player who gives 100% on both ends of the court. They will be overpaying for it, however.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Well, that's better than him saying he hopes the Rockets don't match.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Morey said we'll match and he always has held true to it.

9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

We need an upgrade at that position. He's a good player, but we need to try and find better.

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign-and-traded elsewhere and a better SG brought in via draft, trade, or FA (should we decide it's worth overpaying for Gordon).

11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'm glad he listen to us (Dave, Kam, Rocketgirl, and myself). :cool:

12. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

$8M is too much for a player like Lee. Afflalo got $7.5M and I think he's a lot better. I think Morey will let Lee go if the offers exceed full MLE; he’s not that special of a player.

13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Houston needs to learn how to keep their good players here. Courtney is not great by any means, but he is good. He definitely can score and hit the three consistently. He tends to be un-clutch at times, but he has hit a few clutch baskets as well. I think he is a solid piece for this team and he is a two way player which is really important.

I really think going into next season we need to give Courtney the starting role unless we bring someone that is far ahead of him. Realistically, we probably will not be getting anyone that is better than Courtney.

14. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Draft a SG and put him in the back up position or get Eric Gordon, draft a SG and let Lee walk. He has been good but no way we pay him big bucks.

15. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

I like C Lee, but that is too high for him. Is he a top 10 SG? Maybe and I think he can become a better player still. For me I would top out at a Lowry level contract, maybe a mill more. I would be more content signing Dragic for 5-40.

16. ILoveTheRockets

sign n trade for Wesley Johnson and Beasley!! LETS GO!

17. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Pretty sure SnT don't have the power they used to. They now max out at the years and raises as if a new team signed them out right instead of signing with your old team. Makes virtually worthless unless the player just wants to force their new team to help out their old team.

Courtney Lee though is an average to below average STARTING SG in the NBA. He is too hot/cold, not agressive enough, and not creative enough. He does have a little of all those things, but enough to be a 6th man or be pair with a superstar SF.

Since the Rockets do not have that, and are fighting to make the playoffs, anything over the MLE is over paying for what they need.

Even that is a bit too much in my opinion, given what the Rockets need. If they do trade away Kevin Martin, it could make some sense. But you don't pay a player that should be complement starter at best 8 million/year.

18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Really like his game...wish he was a bit more taller...The guy is a solid player...

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Courtney went out of his way to tweet me back and forth a few times earlier this season when Bill (poopsworld) Ingram was going out saying that Courtney is "asking to be traded." He told me thats completely negative, and he loves Houston, and honestly thinks there is a longterm future with Houston.

Real professional guy, and I think he's going to be solid for years to come. Not a guy who can take over a game, but he will probably be good value for the MLE if thats what he gets offered this summer.

20. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

6M-7M will be OK