1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Country you want to visit before you kick the bucket

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ramu3, Apr 27, 2010.

Tags:
  1. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

New Zealand

2. da_juice

da_juice Member

England, Germany, Italy, France, or Switzerland

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Both you and Private Joker.

"I wanted to see exotic Vietnam... the crown jewel of Southeast Asia. I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture... and kill them. I wanted to be the first kid on my block to get a confirmed kill!"

4. Hmm

Hmm Member

all the while you yourself are under the influence of hallucinogens, amirite...?

5. rocketdancer9

rocketdancer9 Member

6. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

What's that? Russia?

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

8. killtaker

killtaker Contributing Member

I've done missions work in Ecuador, Brazil, Thailand, Indonesia, Macedonia, France, Italy, and Switzerland. No place more beautiful than Suisse.

For those of you planning to make a trip to Switzerland in the next few years let me know. I'll be moving there with my fiancee for the next several years.

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I've never understood the fascination with visiting Antarctica??

Would it be cool to be beamed into Antarctica for an hour or a half day just to see what that much white and coldness and ice and being literally on the bottom of the world feels like....yes, I'll concede that. I'd also agree scientifically it would be very interesting - see some unique wildlife, fungus, etc.

But we can't get there that way. Instead you have to take a boat through the notoriously rough Drake passage...mind you, generally after many plane trips just to get to your departure point. And then when you get to Antarctica...as mentioned, cool and interesting, yes, but ultimately not a ton to do.

Here's a video of a vessel crossing the Drake passage:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jld5pIUKhCE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jld5pIUKhCE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

you can find a lot more on youtube. now, the passage doesn't scare me, per say, just strikes me as, well, not something I'd want to do unless there was a bigger pot of gold on the other side.

10. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

11. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

I have that jersey!