1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Countdown to Kevin Love Drama

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by larsv8, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Yeah, he's gone. It doesn't get much stronger than the owners mouth:

2. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

So far removed from the beginning of this thread, Lebron and Love in Cleveland of all places while Asik and Parsons are gone from Houston. That's going to sting.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sources: Despite visibly obvious signs, Andrew Wiggins' camp maintains Cavs have not informed them of potential trade <a href="http://t.co/q93BATY7jO">http://t.co/q93BATY7jO</a></p>&mdash; Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/statuses/495771023409545218">August 3, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

@SportsCenter

THIS JUST IN: Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor tells @PioneerPress that Kevin Love trade is "likely" by August 23 or 24.

Sorry cant embed tweets on ipad.

5. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Wow so just like that, Cavs are favorites to win the East...

6. baubo

baubo Member

That's because Wiggins camp still haven't realized that all NBA teams treat players like assets, not just ones GMed by Daryl Morey.

7. Remii

Remii Member

"I think when you move somebody like Kevin, who's been an all-star, that you've got to get a number of players on your team that have the potential of replacing him," Taylor said. "Flip (Saunders, Wolves president) has looked at this team and offensively, he's got a pretty good team. Defensively, it's got to be better, so I think that's where some of the areas will be replaced."

Hearing the owner make that statement makes me wonder what is Sam trying to get out of this 3 way trade.

Maybe Sam is trying to get his hands on Wiggins...??? If the Wolves feel their offense is fine and want to get better defensively than maybe Noah would be a better player for them than Wiggins...??? This is the western conference and it's more power forwards & centers to worry about defending than SF's and SG's.

If not Wiggins _ maybe Waiters. But Philly has the "assets" to get them a good player out of this deal.

8. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Anyone see that the NBAStore.com has discontinued sales of the Wiggins #21 Cavs jersey?

9. da_juice

da_juice Member

I never considered that but it wouldnt surprise me. I dont agree with it- but I also dont usually agree with what their FO does.

Maybe Minnesota has an eye on Nerlens Noel(and moving Pek to the 4? Or trading him?)

Man, they would leave Philly with Embiid AND Wiggins- as well as MCW and a high pick next year. They could be scary.

10. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

Clutch posted the info one page back. I'm guessing speculators were buying up the jersey to resale if/when he is traded.

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Ultra awkward Wiggins interview

<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:11303084"></script>

12. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

I was looking forward to the Irving-Wiggins combo :/ ...well it looks like it will be Irving-James-Love?

13. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Poor kid, he is around my age and I think that I wouldn't have reacted too kindly of the last couple of questions ESPN and the media can go screw themselves.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

seriously i understand a few of those questions. but wow tone it down a bit geez

15. Remii

Remii Member

My bad I said Noah but meant Noel.

Pek and Noel should fit fine together. Pek doesn't need a stretch 4 to be successful offensively and that would be a much improved defensive frontcourt. Plus Pek hardly ever plays a complete season so Noel could cover the center position when he's out and Philly also have a couple of supposedly good prospects over seas as well to ship off with Noel. I just think that if the Wolves can't get what they want from Golden State and if Cleveland tries to play hardball... Philly may be next in line with a package that can get Love and than Cleveland would have to deal with Sam.

16. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

What a shame for LBJ's legacy. This was his one chance to truly dominate. If he becomes part of another big three, he'll just be known as one of the greats...not even close to MJ's level.

17. i3artow i3aller

Are the commercials and Scott Van Pelt the only things Sportscenter does right anymore? Seriously. Way to be a dick, ESPN. Just fire off a bunch of unanswerable questions to a 19-year-old on a seat hotter than the sun. An absolute no-win situation for Wiggins. If he says he wants out of Cleveland, he’s too big for his britches. If he says he wants to stay, he’s a wuss. If he says **** this before punching the interviewer through the monitor, he’s lost his Canadian citizenship. Tough not to feel bad for the kid for the split second before you realize he’s going to make more money in the next decade than you will in 25 lifetimes.

18. izeroi

izeroi Member

Man they really grilled Wiggins with those questions in that interview. Let up on the kid a bit. He's been put into a crap situation but hopefully he can come out ok in the end.

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

He dealt with that interview a lot better than I would have at age 19. Damn.

This whole media obsession with getting clicks is just making it all one big steaming pile of self-mockery.

Seriously, the Clutch types of the sports media world will grow in stature. I'm not trying to elevate Clutch at all, but I'm saying that people with other jobs, who do sports reporting more as a hobby are going to start doing the decent work, while the ESPN's obsession with selling ad space will make them increasingly pathetic.

Kudos to Wiggins. I am starting to like him and I hope he has a great rookie year except for the games against Houston.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Even the first question about the photo with him wearing the jersey was rude as hell, way to start an interview. Terrible.