1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Countdown to Kevin Love Drama

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by larsv8, Nov 27, 2013.

1. champstocome

champstocome Member

That looks legit. Morey got too creative and made a simple signing into some huge debacle and announced all his moves like the evil villain in a bad spy movie... Its like playing UNO and saying your'e close to getting UNO and all the GMs barraged you with sequences like Draw 2, Draw 2, Skip, Reverse, Reverse and cap it with a Wild Draw 4 card. Now we have more cards and every other GM feels smug. Ain't that a B****

*picture of morey playing Uno looking foolish while Hinkie, Ainge, Mills and other teams gms F&#@ morey with the lebron. melo, love, milsap, bosh, bosh, ish smith card.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Looks like this could come true; Barea could be gone because of this:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Free agent guard Mo Williams is nearing an agreement with Minnesota, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/493860235824480257">July 28, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Really dumb analysis.... Kevin Love, even if he was completely non-existent defensively, would still outperform the opposing PF. he had 3rd highest PER in the league last year, and was 5th in "Simple Rating".

He's "not conducive to winning" in the same way perhaps Harden is.

It's like all the LMA talk. All of a sudden the Blazers get good, LMA goes off in the playoffs and win a series, and a ton of people now rate LMA over Love. Nevermind that Aldridge barely makes it over 50% on a true shooting percentage, is a worse rebounder and passer, and only an average defender himself.

The BIGGEST difference with LMA this past year was that they put Lopez next to him - who probably isn't quite as good as Pekovic, but is a very solid defender whereas Pekovic is as zero a defender as Love, so a bad complimentary player - and had growth from Lillard and others on the team.

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Mo Williams has agreed to a one year, $3.75M deal with the Timberwolves, league source tells Yahoo.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/493865365324046336">July 28, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Yeah I still rate Love as a top 10 player and have never considered LMA better, but I just thought it was interesting that there are NBA people who see him as basically just a stat stuffer whose output doesn't help you win as much as some would think.

I do think that it is strange for a guy who is so good statistically to be unable to crack the playoffs. I know it's not all on him, but not even an 8 seed so far.

I just figured a guy like that would have a very high league wide perception of his talents and what he brings and I guess that's not true.

6. downbytheriver

Whatever the case, it will be interesting to see home Love performs on a stronger team. There really will be no excuses now, no matter what kind of stats he puts up.

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

1 person likes this.
  8. da_juice

da_juice Member

I'm more interested in what happens to Pekovic at this point- if they try to trade him or not. Would there be suitors?

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Why trade him? He's a decent center on a contract that will be acceptable in the new CBA. As long as Dieng gets minutes, I'm sure Flip Saunders will be happy to roll with a Rubio-Wiggins-Pekovic core

10. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Don't the Cavs have to trade for Love now, after the George injury? Chicago is the only team that can get in the way of a Finals trip.

11. i3artow i3aller

He would've been an awesome Rocket.
    [​IMG]

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This is a hilarious find! I really do believe Love is going to the Cavs.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Completely irrelevant. Pacers were going to nosedive this year anyway. The emotion makeup of the team, lack of mental fortitude, lack of leadership from Vogel and the talent loss of Stephenson leaving eliminated them from being a Finals contender.

What happened to PG was tragic for him and the Pacers franchise but I don't think they would have finished top 4 in the East with PG on the team.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Flip Saunders has no interest in trading Pek because he wants to win as many games as possible now. The only reason Love is a goner before the season is because Love forced their hand.

If the T-Wolves crumble again this season, maybe the T-Wolves owner cuts bait with Flip, goes into rebuilding mode and Pek gets a new address by next season.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Mo Williams claims he wanted to return to Portland. http://www.blazersedge.com/2014/7/2...s-fans-dont-have-a-clue-about-his-free-agency

A friend of mine that is a huge Blazers fan say Stotts soured on Williams and that is the real reason he didn't play the last 3 games against the Spurs (vs the stated reason of a groin injury).

16. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Pacers weren't going to be the challenge. The Bulls are. Rose looks healthy. And if he stays healthy, Rose + Noah + Gasol + that elite defense and rebounding will cause Lebron and the Cavs problems.

17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I wish that the Rockets would have signed Williams, just so that Daryl Morey can say during the introductory press conference that he went out and "Got Mo for Les."

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Zing! :-D-

20. Amir's Johnson

Wolves expecting Love to be traded by Aug 23 or 24. It's happening.