1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Countdown to Kevin Love Drama

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by larsv8, Nov 27, 2013.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Sounds like Flip is trying to nudge GS a little more to put Klay Thompson back in the deal. Saying the Bulls are back in the race & mentioning names of a SG & a PF going back to Minnesota is the key to shoving the current offer in the face of GS to say.... look... you can get him if you stop being douches & put your comparable offer back on the table.

Look.. at the end of the day, the BEST offer on the table is for sure the Cavs offer, but that doesn't mean that's the offer that Flip wants.... Simply because, Flip wants to make the playoffs this year at all costs.

Getting Wiggins alone signifies the best possible return. There is no trade on earth I've seen where a team is able to get a #1 pick in a loaded draft for an exiting all-star player they MUST trade.

Flip will probably end up getting the GS offer back on the table and pull the trigger but its the wrong move long term for his franchise. Whatever... he'll probably get to keep his job a few more years though. Have fun being mediocre.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Rose, Gibson, Foreign guy and a 1st. That's what my offer would be, with foreign guy who I've never seen play or Gibson going to a 3rd team that gets me a competent PG, a Devin Harris caliber guy would do. And I'd absorb Martin somehow, **** it.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Does this team make the finals?

Irving/Barea
    KMartin/RAllen
    Lebron/Miller
    Love/Tristan
    Varejao/Haywood

4. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

No............ They win them.

5. finsraider

finsraider Member

If Minnesota can clear Martin's salary and get back Wiggins, Bennett, and a 1st, that is a clear homerun for them. Could not have gotten a better deal.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

How about

Beverley
    Dragic
    Ariza
    Love
    Howard

with
    Nick Johnson
    Kevin Martin
    DMo

coming off the bench?

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Can't trade young star with potential because it's just stupid. Winning a ring don't mean a thing, if you're stupid. :p

8. da_juice

da_juice Member

You'd have to have Howard approve it. And if you think people clam about players being treated like assets now; you'd be trading the player who initially recruited Dwight here and is more or less the face of the franchise. In a vacuum? Yes, I take Love over Harden to play with Dwight. But I also recognize it's simply not happening, and well all know that. The only way Harden gets traded is if/when he starts to decline if we haven't won anything (like when we traded T-Mac).

9. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Only person playing defense is LeBron lol

10. Sherlock31

Sherlock31 Member

There are rumors that the Cavs is offering a 1st round pick for a defense center.

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Maybe win 1 playoff series

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Assuming were getting Dragic seperate from trading Harden in you scenario, how about...

Dragic
    Harden
    Ariza
    Ilyasova
    Howard

With Beverley, Johnson and Daniels on the bench. Plus full MLE, BAE abd Lin's TPE. Could possibly add Marion, Okafor and Ilyasova with those exceptions.

13. downbytheriver

I cannot believe how much leverage the Wolves have for a player who will not resign in 1,0000000000 years. The fact they can get Wiggins and two other #1 picks amazes me..... nothing chicago or gs offers is better than Wiggins.

14. da_juice

da_juice Member

I've been clamoring for Illyasova for a while. I think we could easily swing him and Zaza (to backup Dwight) in the same deal.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

The reports were Love would resign, if Lebron came back. Has that changed, since he announced he was back?

16. downbytheriver

All these "reports" are put out by the players PR agents... don't believe everything you read. Love wants out in the worst way, that is a team that offers nothing to it's franchise star in terms of being a playoff team. plus, i think deep down love knows he's a stats guy and needs to be a 3rd or so wheel to win in his life.... only reason he wouldn't want to go to so cal.

17. Pringles

Pringles Member

Is Cleveland a better place to live than Minneapolis? I would absolutely hate to live in Cleveland.

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

T-Wolves should ask for all of the Cavs' Canadian players.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Zaza and Delfino would be perfect backups for us but we don't have the contracts to match the salaries.

Assume we trade Jones, Hopson, Powell and Covington + picks abd draft rights to Capela for Dragic

Trade TPE for Ilyasova

Trade Gee, Canaan, Covington and Garcia s&t'd (3 mill one year) for Zaza and Delfino

All seperate trades, it works. Still would have full MLE and BAE too.

Dragic/Beverley/Smith
    Harden/Daniels/Johnson
    Ariza/Delfino
    Ilyasova/Motiejunas/Adrian
    Howard/Pachulia/Dorsey

+ MLE and BAE, would be a crazy team.

20. da_juice

da_juice Member

Something like this is extremely, extremely unlikely and would require Canaan to really blow up as a player. That being send, we could send out the NGteeds, most of the draft picks we own, Jones, Motiejuanas (Again assuming he makes a jump) and get this:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nz6ksoj

Dragic/Beverly
    Harden/Johnson
    Ariza/Covington
    Illyasova/Dorsey or Adrien
    Howard/Zaza

Of course, I can't reiterate it enough that I'm not saying it will happen (because I doubt it will)- but it can happen, with a lot of luck on our part.