1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Countdown to Kevin Love Drama

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by larsv8, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Better than Gibson and Butler? I don't think so. Both players are probably more enticing than Jones, and that NOP pick will likely be around 15.

2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Let's get in on the trade 3 deal I just want us to do something lol.

3. lalala902102001

Taj Gibson and Jimmy Butler? LOL good luck Chicago.

4. faraza84

faraza84 Member

Prob some leak from minny to get cavaliers worried and drive up the offer for Love. They want wiggins and those protected picks. Cleveland doesn't want to add wiggins on the trade and they are hard balling by saying they will sign wiggins thus making him ineligible to be traded for 30 days. This is def a power play, wonder who blinks first

5. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

Yes Mirotic signed his deal already but that just means he can't be traded for 30 days.

In any case I think these reports are bogus. Bulls are already loaded with bigs with Noah, Gasol, Taj, and Mirotic. I'm assuming the bulls would have to give up at least one of those guys plus Jimmy Butler therefore this type of deal doesn't make sense to me. The upgrade they would received at the PF spot gets completely eliminated by the huge downgrade they would take at SG.

All that being said....Noah at the 5, and Love at the 4 would be beastly

6. finsraider

finsraider Member

I think Cleveland and Minnesota already have an agreement in principle. Something like Bennett + Wiggins + Miami 1st for Love.

The problem right now is that they don't have enough salary on the books to make it work without including Thompson or Waiters, which they probably won't agree to. This is why I think there were rumors about Cleveland shopping for expirings.....they are willing to trade Waiters or Thompson for an asset + an expiring. If they can't do that, they will just sign Wiggins, wait 30 days when he is eligible to be traded, and then complete the deal above.

7. lalala902102001

I don't see how the Wolves would take the trade if Wiggins is not included. He is the only true blue chip piece that the Cavs have to offer. Minnesota can always hold onto Love till the trade deadline next year. Some team will make a better offer for Kevin Love.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that's why I wouldn't be shocked if they're offering Taj, Butler, and Mirotic as the meat of the deal. A three-man big man rotation of Gasol-Love-Noah would easily be the best in the league.

9. finsraider

finsraider Member

BTW, what a team Cleveland would have if they get Love for Wiggins, Bennett and a 1st.

Irving / ?
    Waiters / (Allen)
    LeBron / Miller
    Love / Thompson
    Varejao / Haywood

10. lalala902102001

Yep. Championship contender for the next 5 years if they get Love.

Love is 25 and Kyrie is only 22.

I would take Lebron/Love/Irving over Lebron/Bosh/Wade any day of the week.

11. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

well I mean Id take Lebron, [instert star], [insert star] over wade and whoever anyday.

12. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Butler will be a FA after this season.

TJones WS/48 = .169
    Gibson WS/48 = .117

TJones Age = 22
    Gibson Age = 29

13. da_juice

da_juice Member

If I were them; Id go a step further and try to trade Waiters and Thompson for a center. Imagine how good that team would be if Love was next to a real rim protector.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

If they want Love, they should consider trading Noah, Mirotic for Love, Martin and Dieng swap. Maybe a 3 way trade.

Rose/Brooks
    Martin/McDermott
    Butler/Dunleavy
    Love/Gibson
    Gasol/Dieng

I'd do it if i was the Bulls

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Butler will be a restricted FA, right?

TJones xRAPM = -0.6
    Gibson xRAPM = 3.9

16. Nook

Nook Member

Butler cannot shoot and is asking for 13 million a year.... he has some value, but it is limited.

Gibson has value as well, but he is already an older player.

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Minnesota is going down the same road it did with Garnett - they are going to hold on to Love for too long, the market is going to dry up, and they're going to end up taking lesser value from a current bidder.

IIRC it was rumored that the Celtics initally offered Rondo AND Al Jefferson for Garnett months before the trade back when there were a number of teams bidding; the TWolves successfully negotiated against themselves to take just Jefferson. Not Milk Hair's finest hour....though a great capper to his Celts career.

18. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

IDK, but if I'm rebuilding, I'm not trading for role players that are about to get paid, or already have gotten paid.

Gibson+Butler should not be attractive to Minnesota. To me, the Rockets could trade for Butler & Gibson and it would make sense, as that would give the team a strong starting 5, but Minnesota should want young cheap players.

If the Cavs are willing to trade Wiggins, and Minny does any other deal, they are making a mistake.

19. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Dont we have some unguarantee Contracts? Waiters would be good for the Rockets.. I think this guy will be good