1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Countdown to "I'm done with the NBA" posts

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SacTown, Jun 30, 2012.

1. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I think most of clutchfans hates you.

2. supdudes

supdudes Member

I like Sactown...

w/ that said I also like goodbug...

w/ that said I also like nguyen3706 and sigmund...

I like good entertainment

3. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

If only Kobe didn't have that no trade clause. Moron.

4. SacTown

SacTown Member

Scoreboard.

[​IMG]

5. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

I'm not done with the NBA as there are some underdog players that you can still support, but honestly after this trade goes down the NBA seriously needs to contract. I can't imagine teams will sustain making a lot of money if the only time they sell out is if LAL or MIA come to town.

6. SacTown

SacTown Member

Uh Yeah. I'm the moron who called this back in June while you guys were slobbering all over yourselves in the GARM for months.

7. SacTown

SacTown Member

It's no different than it used to be with either the Lakers, Celtics, or Pistons winning it all every year. The NBA will be fine. A Lakers/Heat finals would have the biggest ratings in history. It will be good for the NBA.

8. Tenchi

Definitely think the Kings would be better in Seattle as well.

9. QazQay

QazQay Member

While I'll hardly be 'done with the NBA,' I think things need to change. I think we should get rid of the MAX contract and add a hard cap. This would prevent big market teams from unfairly dominating and getting all the stars. Yea, there's always the OKCs who manage to do it without attracting stars and spending big, but they and the Spurs are literally the ONLY small market teams out of 20 something small market teams to be successful in their approach. Basically, what I'm saying is that as the system is now, its not impossible to compete, its just extremely difficult and takes a lot of luck with draft picks, whereas big market teams have it much, much easier.

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just obliged you and I have no regrets.

11. conquistador#11

well, i'm glad to see that all people are not like the op and jerk the hard on of the hottest team. Bandwagon fans of front running teams disgust all.

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Caring about ratings like it would effect you in ANYWAY

13. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

You said it.

14. Tenchi

The NBA has no other competition so of course they'll be fine, for now. But I don't see these small market teams attracting new fans. They are eroding the general fan base and eventually it won't make sense to own a small market team. It would be interesting to see the demographics of the fans of certain teams. I would think most smaller market teams have older fans. Fans who remember when their team was actually good. If your team is constantly mediocre or have never won a championship how many new fans will be created. Most people become fans during championship years. I'm sure plenty of the fans on this BBS were first exposed to basketball or the Rockets during the mid 90s. Sometimes fans are passed down through generations, but mostly because they had elders who were diehard fans. That will eventually erode away as well.

During the 80's Americans didn't have as many options as they do today. With new media people can throw their money at all kinds of different sports. While people laugh at soccer, but it is growing in popularity. Football is king in America and baseball has been relegated to the third most popular sport. There could be a shift a generation later where soccer could overtake basketball's position as the second most popular sport.

15. tokenbk

tokenbk Member

As long as we get a top 3 pick, I really don't care.

16. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

You act like you predicted something no one saw coming. I posted that I would quit watching the NBA if Howard was traded to the Lakers 1 year before you posted this.

You're too late.

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

And it has started.

18. supdudes

supdudes Member

[​IMG]

19. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

If I had to bet on who'd win an NBA championship in the next 10 years, the Rockets or the Grizzlies I would bet on the Rockets. The Grizzlies have to compete with the big three who each have 4 all-stars. The Rockets will be competing in 3-4 years when the Thunder will be without one or two of their stars, a 45 year old Nash, 40 year old Kobe and a bald LeBron.

20. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Here's how it works:

- You make a self serving prediction ahead of time (that really 90% of the sports population can make)

- The situation happens

- People protest. As expected.

* Final conclusion - You're right, And they're right too to protest. It works out for everyone. There's nothing more to it.

But then you're the guy that has to pound your own chest making it into some "challenge". Thats pathetic. Its like you're trying to own people's reaction. "Haters" and supporters, those are just made up roles for storylines.

Said another way, its like saying "If the government raises everyone's taxes by 15%, everyone will get all upset just you WATCH, and I'll be RIGHT. But we'll have a strong military and be safe". Its just the principle of it, already having the biggest military in the world but still beefing it up at expense of other people or through a flaw in the system.

1 person likes this.