1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Could Westbrook be available?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by copacetic81, May 7, 2012.

1. cooliobob

cooliobob Member

You are probably right, but can't ague that the Thunder might be better served getting themselves a real PG (Lowry), some extra scoring punch off the pine (Kevin Martin), and a young big in Patrick Patterson. I think the money matches up there. Personally, if the Thunder moved Westbrook for said individuals, it would make them a far more formidable opponent against both the Spurs and the Heat as it gives them depth to match.

However, with that being said, I would be hesitant bringing Westbrook over to the Rockets as he wouldn't make this team any better with his questionable PG play. He is a SG trapped in a PG's body with a scorer's mentality that lacks a shooter's touch.

2. copacetic81

copacetic81 Member

Awesome, i was away from the computer since this morning so its great to see all the responses. i certainly don't think the rockets can just go and offer a pupu platter of our role players for the best players in the league, i was just thinking about how if we "need a superstar" how would such a scenario look like? someone young, maybe miscast in his current role yet clearly special and someone we could out forward as our franchise player. maybe instead of asking about westbrook i should have thrown out a more open ended question: considering that any available superstar would be coming over with some kind of baggage (or else they wouldn't be available right?) then where are some of these situations around the league? al jefferson comes mind, gasol too i guess. what if we went after joe johnson, sure he might not be an alpha-type a but he's no slouch as is and could be the first domino.

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Westbrook is steve francis part 2, you'll never win a championship with him as the main option.

4. cooliobob

cooliobob Member

Real Talk.

5. smokieethabear

Agreed!

6. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Last year it was Ibaka. This year it is Westbrook/Harden.

Next year lets shoot for Durant, shall we?

7. cooliobob

cooliobob Member

Never hurt to dream a little, especially when you are stuck in NBA purgatory year end and year out.