1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Could ROX get help from undrafted Free Agents?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets-R-Us, Jul 5, 2007.

1. rocketsfaninsa

Yeah he looked great in the tournie. Head is probably gone in a trade for a PF, I like him, but Lewis is taller, more athletic, and cheaper as you mentioned. For all those ppl out there who say"Well if he wasn't drafted then there must be a reason for that...he's no good." Just remember Chuck Hayes undrafted from Kentucky

2. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

From what I've seen, Ron Lewis plays exactly like Luther Head. Is he considerably taller?

3. rocketsfaninsa

Yeah they do play the same, but Lewis is 2 inches taller which does make a difference. And he has a 44" vertical!!!

4. thecity5

thecity5 Member

I would realy like to see ron lewis with the rockets but i wouldnt let go of luther just because we got ron. Ron will also be with the rockets in the summer league team if he does well maybe we'll sign him.

5. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

According to who? He had a 38" vert at the Pre-Draft camp. Still impressive but that's no 44".

6. sydmill

sydmill Member

i like beans

7. redhova

redhova Member

Yes Ron Lewis is like Luther Head at 6'4 he is quick, better finisher at the hoop than Luther and hits big shot (highlights from March Madness) he is the reason why Luther will likely be traded and is his replacement.

8. Rockets-R-Us

Rockets-R-Us Contributing Member

Thanks to those of you who offered new insights on some of our Summer League guys.

If Lewis really can be the next Luther, by all means, let's put him out there and check it out. His handle can't be any worse for a small 2 guard.

Anyway, Luther's got to be trade bait for a PF unless we're going stictly off the FA list. After our draft though I just don't see this team doing any significant marketing without another "splash" of some kind.

There's simply nothing to hang their advertising on except a bad draft and Adelman's "new" style. As I said, not much there for ad $$$. So here's hoping we get "wet" some time in next week or so....

RRU