1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Could Rodman’s Election To Hall Of Fame Help Horry?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AnnaMegan, Apr 5, 2011.

1. dballa76

dballa76 Member

Robert Horry is NOT a Hall of Famer!

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

not sure if serious. this is when you need to take your homer glasses off

3. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

I don't think he should be inducted into the hall of fame, but let me play devil's advocate for a second. Everyone is focusing on his seven rings (for good reason), but he has some other impressive records as well.

In 2008, he surpassed Kareem to be be the NBA player to have played in the most NBA playoff games.

He is second in three pointers made in the playoffs, he is first in three pointers made in the finals.

And if I'm not mistaken, he made it to the playoffs every year of his career (and I think he always got passed the first round as well - but I'm less sure about that).

Robery Horry is the greatest role player of all time, but he was never a star and as such shouldn't make the hall of fame.

4. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

I think he deserves it.

He may not have had star caliber numbers, but he was one of the most fundamentally sound and smartest (bball IQ) players in the league for 15 years. He might also be the living definition of clutch.

He was always just in the right spot at the right time (because he knew where to be), and that won him 5 championships. Until game 5 of the 2005 nba finals against the pistons. Horry basically willed the team to win while hitting numerous clutch threes and superman style dunking for and ones. His performance in just that one critical nba finals game was legendary.

Even if he doesn't get into the hall of fame, I'll always remember him as the most clutch player in any sport I have ever seen.