1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Could Jame Harden run the offense like Nash did to perfection?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by James Hardashian, Jul 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. dmoneybangbang

Most things usually aren't. It's tough to win in the NBA.

The odds are against us winning, especially in light of GSW's addition. However, at least we have better staff and a head coach's favorite offensive style coincides with our star player's, the PNR. Like I said, odds stacked against us, but I stand by my perennially second round statement. The West's hierarchy is shifting.

2. basketballholic

If we don't trade for Rubio, you'd better hope Harden is Nash. Because MDA's winning percentage without Nash is .385.

3. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Sound logic here folks

4. Rocketeer4Life

James Harden needs to learn how to do hockey/ secondary assists to be an effective point guard. He also needs to stop dribbling and being a ball stopper.

5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

imo, its the coach who has to adjust with the pieces he has but it's up to the player to improve his game in different areas each new season.

6. dmoneybangbang

And 65% with Nash.... I'd settle for a 55-60% winning record.

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Swap out Bev and Dekker for Jru Holliday. No more point guard problem. Harden can play with the ball when he wants and off the ball when he wants. And we officially become the Houston Pelockets.

8. Rokman

Rokman Member

Harden - ESFP
    Nash - ESTP

Close but not the same in terms of processing information. Harden is more emotionally driven, Nash is more analytical.

9. dmoneybangbang

Lol. I do think we need more of a Holliday/Lou Williams type of guard if we can't get a legit 3 and D guard. Hopefully Bev has a better year and stays more healthy, but I won't hold my breath.

10. basketballholic

Interesting.

What is Rubio?

11. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

A few points of note, James while better than advertised is not great at running, let alone running a Steve Nash like offense. Also I see him attempting to run the offense as a problem for him in terms of stamina for the whole season and healthwise. Pablo as of now is the key option 2 here and I am okay with that, I actually like many others want to change our option 1.

12. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

The Suns were good enough. They only lost due to suspensions, like GSW this year.

13. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

The mistake people are making is not giving MDA credit for allowing Nash to become an even better player than he already was. Do people really think MDA designed an offense that could only be executed by Steve Nash? Of course that's not the case. Harden does some things better than Nash and some things not as well. His devastating finishing ability will be a new dimension to MDA's offense and something defenses will have to figure out how to deal with. Gordon is going to be ridiculous in this offense as well going against 2nd-stringers.

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Agreed Gordon is gonna have a career year in this offense if he can stay healthy. He might end up being the steal of free agency if he can stay in the court; an elite player when healthy tailor made for this kind of offense.

15. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

When did you get ahold of their Myers Briggs? You could argue Harden is an N (relies much more on intuition when playing) and an I (seems to keep to himself... Strippers aside).

16. Rokman

Rokman Member

It's actually on Niedenagel 's website.

17. meanplays

meanplays Member

the ball will be in his hands most of the time, I expect more points and fewer assists than nash but similar type of usage