1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Could Houston be Lebron's top preference in FA?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Jun 15, 2014.

?

Can Houston become Lebron's top preference in FA?

1. Yes

238 vote(s)
    48.7%
  2. No

251 vote(s)
    51.3%
  1. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

What other team can offer LeBron the best center in the game and a all-star SG that is only 25 heading into next season?

Not saying it will happen, just food for thought.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If Lebron was willing to take only 15 mil a year then sure, dumping Lin and Asik would be enough. It would be about 5 mil less than he'd get in Miami, but he'd be almost guaranteed another ring or 4

3. Rocketfanatic2

It would make sense, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen. Hard not to think about the success we'd have if he did come here.

4. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Wade was playing the same D that Harden was...and Wade was in the finals lol

5. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

you have to think Harden could give LeBron just a little more at age 25

6. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

What about paycuts? They did it in Miami, and I think this big 3 would be even more impressive. They also wouldnt need to take much just to put LeBron up close to what he would get in Miami.

7. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Well tis true but harden might get better.There is no I indication that Wade will get better.

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Guys on the team currently under contract can't take paycuts. (Harden and Howard for example.)

Lebron could take a paycut obviously.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Blake for James; git'r done!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>LeBron James to the Clippers makes sense - <a href="http://t.co/E7v4WQD3xk">http://t.co/E7v4WQD3xk</a></p>&mdash; A. Sherrod Blakely (@SherrodbCSN) <a href="https://twitter.com/SherrodbCSN/statuses/478651992676773889">June 16, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Shouldnt you be on a clippers forum or something?

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So he could be on a team that would be CP3 and him playing by themselves? Would that be better than the Thunder even? Why would Lebron want to play with CP3 over playing with Harden and Howard?

12. AFS

AFS Member

Because LeBron and CP3 are super close friends. It makes more sense to come to Rockets basketball-wise, but CP3 has the advantage in terms of personal relationship with LeBron.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well I guess that's another situation that comes down to if he wants to win or if he wants to hang out with his friends. He's super close with Wade, why wouldn't he just stay in Miami with a free run to the finals as opposed to going to LA and struggling to get to the conference finals every year?

14. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Dwight and Lebron are really good friends also FYI

15. basketballholic

Lebron this year. CP3 a year from now. ;)

16. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba/news/20140616/lebron-james-dwyane-wade-big-three-miami-heat/

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Tom Haberstroh:

Do you agree, if all opt out, then you know they're working together coming back here?

Tough to say. I hear Bosh say he wants to come back and they'll come back. I honestly think LeBron will do what's best for him. He'll look at the situation independently of Wade and Bosh. Miami gives me X percent chance of winning championships going forward and he'll look around the league. LA Clippers, Houston, how can he get in those situations? I don't know if he believes other opportunities are better than Miami but I believe he'll work independently. This is his career.

Better option: Houston or Miami?

I think it's Miami, given he knows what he's dealing with and has trust in Riley and Spoelstra. On the court, the pitch will be "We can offer you something they cannot. A dominant rim protector, a 2 way center and a younger core with Beverley, Harden and Parsons. Ultimately I think he'll trust what he has in Miami. On court, not a better fit but he has to figure out what he wants. That situation in Houston will be appealing.

19. meh

meh Contributing Member

Philly and Denver facilitated the Howard trade to the hated Lakers. Minnesota took on Micheal Beasley's contract so Miami could sign superfriends. Portland took Thomas Robinson from the Rockets so we could sign Dwight Howard.

GMs may talk to the media like they hate Morey or Riley or whoever. But in the end if the Rockets make them an offer that benefits their team, no GM is going to turn down that offer. Any GM that refuse to trade with any team out of spite should be fired.

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

It's nice to be in the conversation