1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Could Houston be Lebron's top preference in FA?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Jun 15, 2014.

?

Can Houston become Lebron's top preference in FA?

1. Yes

238 vote(s)
    48.7%
  2. No

251 vote(s)
    51.3%
  1. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

As much hype has been made about Lebron going back to Cleveland, could Houston be one of the favorites for Lebron come free agency?

Houston wouldn't have to gut the team to start up a "Big Three" the way Miami did. It would require dumping Lin, Asik, and maybe one more piece? After those moves, you have a young talent base of Patrick Beverly, James Harden, Chandler Parsons, Terrence Jones (Maybe you have to trade him?), Dwight Howard, Troy Daniels etc.. which IMO would be the most talent Lebron has had his entire career.

The pieces that would surround Lebron here in Houston would be a perfect group of players. You can't play off Harden, and if you collapse the paint on him Dwight is an easy target.

And the #2 scorer in said scenario is still a long time away from becoming useless like Wade. So there won't be a worry of having someone else step up the scoring on his end.

Young nucleus of players, great fit in terms of playing style, great GM, great owner, but a meh coaching staff.

Can Houston become Lebron's top preference in FA?

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

He's not going to the Western Conference.

3. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

I could see it just because we have two stars but I am not sure

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It makes too much sense to not be a possibility. If winning as many championships as possible is his top priority he'd do it in a heartbeat because Howard and Harden would make a young, much better version of the original Heat big 3.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Does Lebron like strip clubs?

6. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

I say yes. Harden and Howard have NBA Finals experience. Parsons is a bonus. Bev has the same fiery attitude on defense as LeBron. We are the best case scenario for him as of right now..

7. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

The problem I see with ha potential reunion in Cleveland, is he going to waste more of his prime waiting on their young talent to develop? Even if they do trade for Love, its a young roster with little playoff experience and bad management.

This teams players already have a great deal of playoff experience.

8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Let's get kleo instead trade Marcus Morris pick 14 for pick 15, fair swap we just need to acquire Marcus again, maybe a future 5th rounder gets it done?

9. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Too chicken**** to come to the West and play real competition.

1 person likes this.
  10. Play07

Play07 Member

Why make a new lebron to Houston thread, it's one already on first page. I brought up lebron to Houston during the reg. season with bosh as 2nd best option if they lose and all opt out & lebron goes somewhere else (see my sig)

People thought I was crazy, now it's the new hype around here. Bit FYI it's plenty of teams that can free room or trade players for lebron. Griffen for lebron could happen faster than a NY min or clippers could move Jordan/red sick quick also. We are not the only team that could make a big 3 with lebron

11. basketballholic

I think we are the best case. But I don't think it will happen.

I suspect....

Lebron will talk Wade into taking the minimum for one year so they can add either Melo or possibly 2 free agents like Pau and Lowry.

Each of Lebron, Bosh, and Wade will take a huge paycut on one-year deals, say each of them playing for $8-$10 million so Miami can build out their roster...and then they'll all re-up at the max after next season.

Now.......perchance.....Lebron can't get Bosh and Wade to cooperate. THEN if that happens we gotta chance.

12. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

there's no way that any of those players on the downslope of their careers are going to sacrifice 10 mil just so lebron can win another ring

13. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Sure why not. He joins the Rockets and gets us to the finals. Which should be a cakewalk against some scrub team in the east.
    Dynasty!!!
    But i think he stays in Miami for fear of the backlash on his persona. Wusss

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

Wade is out to get his money. No way he opts out when he's got $41M on the way and stands to make less than that for the rest of his entire career if he opts out now.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think the problem with that is that it might not make a team that is better than other options for him. With James, Bosh, and Melo, you have to play Bosh at the 5, Lebron at the 4 and Melo at the 3, they'd get absolutely mauled by anyone with size.

16. Texanswin2013

Texanswin2013 Member

Damn. Missed tihs thread.

A better idea than Melo to houston

17. Remii

Remii Member

I don't know if he'd come to Houston but he'd be crazy to go to Cleveland.

18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

If he came here, the Rockets would win the title in a walk. But he's not leaving Miami.

19. pocketrocket81

Why would he come to any team in the west? He has a much much easier road to get to the finals in the eastern conference.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Because he wants to win championships rather than lose in the finals every year.