1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Could Bobcats surprise?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Outlier, Sep 6, 2012.

1. meh

meh Contributing Member

Haven't watched any Bobcats games. But simply through their narrow margin of victories, this was due to happen. Hustle only takes you so far, but not when facing greater talent and playing up to that talent.

Hopefully their youngsters develop enough so these things don't happen again. That city really deserves better than the crap they've put out since expansion.

2. WFU Guy

WFU Guy Member

The narrow margins have a lot to do with building a culture for the Cats (essentially out of a bunch that have been cast off or never won with the current franchise). I don't think many on this team have experience where they expect to win in the NBA outside of Ramon Sessions. Tonight's melt-down was not totally unexpected but the margin sure was - perhaps a Tyrus Thomas or Biyombo in the line up and the Thunder don't shoot 51% but nothing really fixes that the Cats could not move the ball to get a good shot off. This may end up being a wake up call that they have a lot to still work on - as a fan, I hope that's the take-away, not an excuse to sulk.

3. outlaw96

outlaw96 Member

24:64 after a half time is quite a surprise for me.

btw, sefolosha was +45 in 19 minutes while on the floor. has any player had better +- score in 20 minutes or less or is it a record?

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It looked like Jeff Taylor was the only one from Charlotte who went to play last night.

1 person likes this.
  5. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Yeah, Taylor was decent on both ends. I went looking for his draft thread to give you some props, but couldn't find it.

1 person likes this.
  6. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Their end of game execution in this game fails so hard.

7. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

jr whit unreal game winner. bobcats suck in close games

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

3 turnovers in a row in the last minute. turrible.

9. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

LOL BOBCATS THRU AWAY THAT GAME SO FUNNY

10. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

New york was letting them win by playing like crap but, Bobcats decide to play crapper and just turn it over everytime LOL

11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Letting them win? What does that even mean? Melo couldn't buy a bucket in the 2nd half and it looked he trying hard to.

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

Once again, sample size rears its ugly head on an early season feel-good story. I was kind of hoping otherwise, since I think that city deserves some winning. Well, I guess in the long run, a higher lottery pick is more important anyway.

13. WFU Guy

WFU Guy Member

Wasn't looking at the clock but I know we turned it over 5 out of 5 possessions to end the game. It was stomach wrenching - felt like Monday night (against Portland) all over again but for different reasons.

The upside is, these Cats are much improved and they won't make these same miscues next year. We seem to be on the right path - just found some gravel that we'll be wobbling over for a while.