1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Could Bobcats surprise?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Outlier, Sep 6, 2012.

1. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

They will surprise us by winning more than 10 games!

2. MrJason

MrJason Member

Did you just bump this thread to make a bad joke?

O_O

3. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

First of all, I know MKG is a good player but not the type that will lead a team to be a contender. Second, their team is so young and not enough talent to even make the playoffs.

Biyombo is just a raw player that most likely be a bust. Even if he can bring a little defensive presence to the Bobcats, it would not be nearly enough for them to even be in the 9th or 10th spot in the East. Championship contenders behind the heat? Sometimes I really wonder where do you come up with all this stuff.

4. lionaire

lionaire Member

Sarcasm, ever heard of it?

5. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Last post was like two days ago and it was on the first page lol.... Bobcats literally won't win more than 20 games. No way and this is in the weak East. The organization is totally dysfunctional and getting MKG won't make a difference of 10 games. MKG hasn't even played a single game in the NBA and nothing suggests he will be a franchise player.

6. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

You don't build a loser like that and turn it around in just a decade or so.

7. Outlier

Outlier Member

Starting the season 3-3... looks like they will surprise you guys.

MKG had an effortless 15 pts, 8 rebs tonight.

Biggest surprise has been Kemba... he's looking like he's turned things around and has become less Westbrickish.

The key thing I'm liking so far is the unselfishness between the players... I love their new coach. He is obviously making a big change with that team. We'll hear praise from all over the league about him soon enough.

Biggest disappointment has been Biyombo.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Here's a question: could the Bobcats disappoint?

Is that even possible?

9. QazQay

QazQay Member

MKG is good

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

They are at least on par with the Thunder IMO. Possibly could reach Spurs level by the start of next season.

11. WFU Guy

WFU Guy Member

MKG had 25 points in his last game. If I heard correctly, he's either the 2nd or 3rd youngest to have that point total at his age (in the company of Lebron and Durant). His effort tonight wasn't effortless, it was full on for a quarter and then his back tightened up and he slowed a step, got into foul trouble. He nearly hit his season average in the first half - if he doesn't tighten up, he looked like he'd have another 25/12 night. He's been a game changer.

I had hoped that MKG would perform at the level that Jeff Taylor is at right now. Needless to say, MKG is way ahead of what I think we (Bobcats) hoped for, Taylor is not too slouchy either.

But to the point of your original post, Dunlap is VERY impressive. He's gotten crazy things to happen. He seems to have the team's full attention and they are really performing for him. We play like we can win games down the stretch - part of that is Sessions/Gordon too IMO - that's not been there since Larry Brown's second (playoff run) year and that team had so much more experience on the floor.

Biyombo has been a WIP. He's making small improvements but he still behind the curve. Coaches say they expect that. I don't know what we should expect from him but he is still very young and he's an effort machine. Don't think anyone considers him a bust. Work in process, yes.

And then there's Rich Cho. Holy crap, that's probably been the real best thing for the Cats in our history.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Things got better once they put Taylor in the starting line up next to MKG. They aren't playoff bound, but they will win some exciting games with their great defense.

13. Outlier

Outlier Member

Explain this? Just want to know why you seem to worship him. He hasn't done much yet...

Btw, what's a Bobcats fan, of all team fans, doing on Clutchfans? :p

14. WFU Guy

WFU Guy Member

Take a look at the steaming pile of a financial situation we were left with when Larry Brown exited the scene in CLT. He had brought in some shamefully bad contracts to suit some "right-now" needs for the team and then we re-signed a very large contract in Tyrus Thomas.

So to go from that in 18 months and have all of that whittled down to really only two biggish contracts in Tyrus and Ben Gordon. The latter we got a relatively unprotected FRP from Detroit to go with it (for Corey Magette?? You kidding me? Last year, I thought we'd give him away for a bag of chips and a bowl of salsa).

Even this Matt Carroll (awesome guy, not going to see the floor due to the string of guys we have at the 2) Hakim Warrick trade isn't something our FO could have pulled off in years past. You kidding me, getting someone we actually can use with a veritable expiring contract (to us) and it's only .5 mm increase in salary?

Why CF? WFU Guy first (until the epic disaster that is Bzdelik - still a fan, just have to temper my basketball expectations a ton) and I do virtually travel with our guys. Don't think I missed a preseason, summer league or in season Rockets game when Ish Smith was under your employ. Still scan CF every few days during the NBA season.

15. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Now that the Kittens are maintaining a steady .500 clip in the early season, and after coming off an impressive win against Dallas and a (way, way less impressive) win against Washington, this thread is looking less jokey-joke. Maybe they do sneak in as a 6-8 seed. Why not?

It's not even that the Bobcats are any good. It's just that the East is this bad.

I guess we'll know if this was just a "hot start" by their standards, by the end of November.

16. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Unfortunately on this board, some "veteran posters" would call you Ish-Only-Fan or WFU-Only-Fan. Apparently if you weren't born in Houston and watched the Rockets win both championships and/or a player joining the Rockets is what got you interested you in the team, then you're not a true fan in 2012.

17. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

3-3, they already surprised.

18. Grape_Swisha281

19. mazinger

mazinger Member

20. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Bobcats is the next OKC. I'm surprised they made all the right picks in last few years just like what OKC did. GM and coach are top tier talent. MJ found the right people, so kudos to him as well.