1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cougar Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Mar 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Have a 3 star pg coming in name Galen Robinson. He's 6'1 and a senior at Westbury Christian.

2. Takeoff

Takeoff Member

Is he in on a legit bigs or 4/5 star recruits in general? I hate having to go to those recruiting websites to try and decipher their lingo, it can be pretty confusing and shady

3. AFS

AFS Member

This is what I've been using: http://espn.go.com/colleges/basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/248/class/2015/page/considering

But maybe it's not entirely up to date. I'm not sure. He's made a lot of offers to legit bigs, but they've all (unsurprisingly) committed to the stronger programs.

4. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I just got back from the UH-Rice game - Sampson definitely needs his guys before they start competing with the top tier in the conference. The crowd was better than what I remembered as an undergraduate. UH probably needs a student body with a greater on-campus presence to really be considered a top tier team in the conference (even if they get the W's). There's just no solid fan base without that presence.

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

6. SexyButIgnorant

I've gone to every Coogs basketball game, and like other posters have mentioned, we just lack the talent that these other schools in the conference have. I follow all four big Houston teams, and UH is by far the best one out of Rice, HBU and TSU, but we're in just a much tougher conference.

Devonta Pollard, for as much as coach Sampson talks bout him, just doesn't impact the game as much as he should.

7. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

TSU probably would beat the Coogs this year

8. AFS

AFS Member

Interesting that he's listed as a PF at that size. 6'5, 190 lbs.

According to the UH website, there's 8,000 students living on campus. There must be a way to get them into the stadium. The crowd at Hoffheinz has been pathetic for years.

Of course, developing a winning program will probably bring a crowd.

9. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

Sampson needs to go get Rasheed back to town

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kelvin Sampson gets some help celebrating UH's win over UCONN. <a href="http://t.co/O6Vk1JVIh1">pic.twitter.com/O6Vk1JVIh1</a></p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/562069444868837377">February 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. SexyButIgnorant

Had no idea Canaan was there. They showed Harden on the big screen which cause MVP chants, and they even showed Bill Worrell and Bull. But no Canaan.

12. the shark

the shark Member

Glad to see Harden and gang come out to support Sampson and the Coogs.

13. ohmarioyes

ohmarioyes Member

he came in the second half of the game.

14. The Stig

The Stig Member

Dear UH,

Please beat Tulsa this week.

Sincerely,

SMU

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

My son was at the game yesterday sending me pics of Harden. Said they're BFF now. :)

16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Great win!

Love to see players/personnel from the Rockets showing support.

17. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

we'll beat you instead thursday. :grin:

18. NotChandlerParsons

Good to see the Rockets supporting last year's head coach.

19. The Stig

The Stig Member

Haha you wish, we'll see about that. :)

The loss last year in the conference tourney still hurts. SMU will definitely be playing with more intensity when it comes to UH.

Does anyone know if this game is going to be more packed than usual because I'm not sure if I want to buy tickets at the game or earlier...?

20. ohmarioyes

ohmarioyes Member

They are marketing the heck out of this game on campus. Heard Tom Herman and co. will be in attendance FYI