1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cougar Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Mar 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. YOLO

YOLO Member

I believe they'll drop a game or two likely when its least expected. and it'll probably happen sooner rather than later but it won't be that big of a deal.

penny hardaway will likely have his team fired up for a potential upset this sunday here. they gave Tennesee a run in their meeting recently

#1001 YOLO, Jan 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I thought Tulsa was a decent team, but you wouldn't have known that watching the game last night. You can withstand cold starts and/or 37 percent shooting if the defense and rebounding is there. Especially the offensive rebounding.

Did anyone else have a quick Phi Slamma Jamma flashback seeing that dunk by Jarreau in the closing minutes? That looked straight out of the Hofheinz Pavilion archives.

Roc Paint likes this.
  3. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Great game last night. And it was also really cool to see Renu Tilman and Holgorson sitting next to each other court-side.

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

So far the Cougars are out hustling the Tigers

5. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Forgot how Penny is their coach. All the same, let’s go Coooooogs!

6. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Memphis playing us pretty tough so far. They have some good shooters and bring a lot of energy.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

Memphis is trying all different kinds of pressure and defensive looks. and hou is still finding ways to beat it. Love it

8. AFS

AFS Member

So weird that Armoni Brooks only seems to be able to shoot on one side of the court I wonder if it has something to do with the lighting on the away side of the floor?

9. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

15-0 with 2 conference wins under our belt. I hope we get some respect and move up a little in the polls this week. Hoping we can continue to play well as we start playing more games on the road. Next up on the road Wednesday night against Temple will be a good test for us.

10. Buck Turgidson

Memphis played LSU, TxTech and Tennessee very tough this year. Nice win, Coogs.

11. PhiSlammaJamma

Easy win. Pretty much coast to coast. We looked more athletic, more aggressive, bigger, longer, quicker, and mentally focused. Even when the team was helter skelter for a minute or two they were just moving the ball so fast they couldn't keep up with their own pace. Everyone has bought in. Time to write the next chapter. Think for the first time I am feeling confident we can play with anyone, and against any defense.

12. PhiSlammaJamma

Easy win. Pretty much coast to coast. We looked more athletic, more aggressive, bigger, longer, quicker, and mentally focused. Even when the team was helter skelter for a minute or two they were just moving the ball so fast they couldn't keep up with their own pace. Everyone has bought in. Time to write the next chapter. Think for the first time I am feeling confident we can play with anyone, and against any defense.

dc rock likes this.
  13. AFS

AFS Member

I love watching this team play. They aren't the most talented team, but they are so well coached and play with a lot of energy, and do all the dirty work needed to win.

MadMax likes this.
  14. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

You think we can beat Duke?

15. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

I don't know if UH can beat Duke but I think we have several players that if they continue to put in the hard work and develop their game we may see playing in the NBA one day. Can you imagine Armani Brooks if he could develop the ability to aggressively drive to the hoop like Jarreau does? With his shooting ability and a couple more inches he could be the second coming of MJ. Or if Jarreau could develop his shot from the outside he would be a one man wrecking crew. Hinton, White, Gresham, Davis, this team is deep and it will be enjoyable to watch as they bring UH back to close to where we were in the golden age of Hakeem and Clyde. Don't know if we will ever be that good again but this is the best we have looked as a team in a long time.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

UH now #17 in week 10. Michigan and UH are the two remaining teams that are undefeated thus far

#1016 YOLO, Jan 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  17. AFS

AFS Member

No, but I think we would be very proud of the team's effort during the game. I don't mind when a team is just better--that's not really something the players or coaches have direct control over. But what makes me angry during games is when it looks like the players don't care or are making stupid mistakes (the Texans playoff game this past week is a great example of this). I have trust that this UH team will always play hard and smart.

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

in college basketball, unbeatable teams get beaten all the time. It's the story of March Madness.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

of course but there is a significant gap between Duke and UH atm. and that's not really much of a knock. UH is doing what they can with what they are right now. think we're getting ahead of ourselves right now talking about other teams such as Duke. UH is on a great run right now but eventually it's gonna end

UH is looking like one of those teams that teams who sneak in will want to upset rather than UH being the team that upsets the likes of Duke. But I agree, this UH team will always play hard and as smart as they can, which even in a loss I would not be disappointed in them as a team.

#1019 YOLO, Jan 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    Madmanmetz and AFS like this.
  20. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Virginia is also undefeated and ranked 1st in the Coaches poll and 4th in AP. I noticed we moved into the Power Ranking poll for the first time at #15. I don't know where we rank in that other poll where a few weeks back we were ranked 6th or 7th. I really don't care about polls that much but I would like to get as far or farther than we got last year. Right now I think we have a pretty good shot at it.