1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cosby admitted to drugging woman for sex in 2005 deposition.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Coach AI, Jul 6, 2015.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I think it is very possible that someone who owed her career to Bill Cosby would cover up any of his improprieties. It would also put her in a very bad light to have profited from her silence.

Of course, Bill might have been smart enough not to make a move on her. Or maybe she's one of the few women on the planet he respected. And she's telling the truth. (big shrug)

What sickens me is that his wife had to get up in front of a microphone and lie her a$$ off about her husband, insulting and demeaning all the women who have come forward. Unless she actually believes his b.s. Which is some major-league willful ignorance.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The Casting Couch is not a Hollywood Myth I suspect
    Bill hung out with Hugh " Qualudes are the thigh opener" Hefner so . . birds of a feather

Those guys have extraordinary power in that town
    They have MADE careers . . . ..
    I'm sure the trade of sex for favors is not dead in that town
    I think some wondered if it was about how much BANG you got for your BUCK

I think when it first came out alot of people thought it was folx who
    were not happy with their part of an arrangement [sour grapes
    [He was not a much a mentor as they had hopes ]

I'm sure that is probably what he sold his wife on

Rocket River

3. Remii

Remii Member

Lisa Bonet was fired the first time for doing movies like Angel Heart and nude magazine pictures when they had moral clauses in their contracts. And they said she was a bytch on set and was bothering the other child actors.

Also Lisa accused Cosby of making sexual advances towards her and she threatened to sue and she got Different World as a result of that.

4. Nero

Nero Member

Why was he trying to have sex during a deposition????

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

But she came back to the show after a Different World, correct? And then got fired after that, correct?

Strange timeline here.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Marissa Tomei was in a different world

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

AUNT MAY?!?!?!?!

Rocket River
    *grin*

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

9. Buck Turgidson

10. Remii

Remii Member

I should have said allegedly accused him of making advances... But with all of this stuff about Cosby coming out it may not be a strange timeline. She was F'n up (she got kicked off different world too) and kept getting chances... Like she had leverage.

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

His attorney should have better prepared him. That's a real lapse of judgment, a bad look.

By the way, these recent images and gifs are amazing, esp. the Matrix one. LOL.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iq9IXPbZi14" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Does it mean I've watched too much TV if I remember that episode?

16. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

So were Elmyra Duff and Penny Gadget.

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

19. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

From John C. Phillips AKA Martin Kendall (Denise's husband)

Of Course Bill Cosby Is Guilty

I love Bill Cosby! Honestly, that phrase may not be enough to sufficiently describe my feelings for Bill. He was my boyhood idol. His influence on my life has been profound. I owe much of who I am to Bill Cosby, so the idea of love seems to fall short of exactly how I feel. It may be that I need more than one word: Adulation! Regard! Devotedness! And yet, I remain inarticulate.

While growing up, I watched everything Bill Cosby did. My father had several of his comedy albums; I memorized them backwards and forwards. Bill was one of two comics that I imitated and memorized. Richard Pryor was the other. I owe my sense of humor to Bill Cosby. However, for me, Bill Cosby was more than a comedian. Bill was my idea of a great man – a great Black man! He was good looking, talented, smart, and he was fearless. The Cos was a ladies man, but also good father and husband – devoted to his wife and children. Bill was educated; he collected art and was fluent in jazz. After my father, Bill Cosby was the man I aspired to be. Few get an opportunity to meet their idol, much less work with them. I was blessed in that regard, and even more blessed that I found my idol as clever, kind, and brilliant as I had imagined.
    I was particularly shaken the afternoon I bumped into an old friend while shopping. The controversy was at its height. The story of Bill was all over the press. I hadn’t seen this woman for many years. Back in the day, I had asked her out on a few dates, but was relegated to the friend zone so fast it made my ears wiggle. We had kept in touch for a few years, but our lives had taken different paths. Over the years, I had watched with a passive interest as her career grew, so I was excited to see her and catch up a bit.

As we spoke, I recalled that Bill had been her mentor (play father, teacher…something. I couldn’t quite recall what it was). The question popped into my head.

“Hey, do you mind if I ask you something?”

She looked at me and then asked, “Is it going to make me cry?”

I was a bit taken aback. “Well,” I stammered. “I hope it doesn’t make you cry.”

She smiled. “Go ahead and ask your question.”

“Back in the day,” I started. “I remember that you knew Bill – that he was like your mentor or something. Did he ever…”

Before I finished the sentence, she began to cry.

Read more at http://josephcphillips.com/2015/07/of-course-bill-cosby-is-guilty/

20. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

This is like a bizarre internet meme. If Bill Cosby is guilty, then where is the evidence? Why isn't he in jail? White people can't stand to see a successful black man make it in America. Just look at what happened to MLK or Malcolm X.