1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Correa Doubtful

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by The Beard, Mar 26, 2019.

1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I rather have Jose Vizcaino or Bill Spiers.

Htown Legend and kaleidosky like this.
  2. Newlin

Newlin Member

So, he has a sore neck. Is this different from his issues last season? Wasn't it pain in his middle back last season?

3. Malaya

Malaya Member

If Correa goes on DL, call up Tanielu as insurance.

Most games you won't play him. White plays 1st base, Gurriel 3rd, Breggie at SS. Not impressed yet with Diaz. Tanielu can DH some games.

4. Buck Turgidson

Or Casey Candeale.

Yep. Who the hell knows what this is now? Hopefully nothing, he just slept on it wrong. Right?

kaleidosky likes this.
  5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Don't care about him missing games, Bregman and Diaz can play SS, Yuli and Diaz can play 3rd.

Him being fragile at this point is a huge neon red flag. Far more alarming long term.

#25 sealclubber1016, Mar 27, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  6. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Correa may have won the world series but it looks like Francisco Lindor will have the better career.

8. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

One day at a time fellas. Good grief. Sore neck turned career threatening on clutchfans. I get that he’s had a platter of injuries but some of these posts are embarrassing.

Madmanmetz, Hey Now! and texans1095 like this.
  9. conquistador#11

I think it's because Dallas had a sore neck from "sleeping wrong" then he ends up with a bad back and a 1300s plague.

BigM likes this.
  10. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Come on, he's only got days left.

BigM likes this.
  11. raining threes

I'm betting Daniella has alot to do with the hurt back and neck.

texans1095 and Buck Turgidson like this.
  12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Dammit, man.

Hope Los can maintain some health. Heard he balled all spring, so there's hope.

13. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Tanielu probably won't be the guy if Correa goes on the IL. Tanielu isn't on the 40 man roster.

Hinch said he hurt it during a rundown a few days ago in Florida and came out of the game early.

14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Reed is literally the only other infielder on the 40 man, so I highly doubt we add a position player even if he starts on the DL.

We still have good enough coverage on the infield to handle Correa being out a few days. Yuli, Diaz and Bregman can move around. White has played plenty of 3B in the minors, Kemp has played at 2B. A long term injury to one of our infielders could force the team to consider adding Mayfield or Tanielu, but not this type of injury.

Snake Diggit likes this.
  15. jim1961

jim1961 Member

It doesn't seem clear what type of injury were dealing with in terms of the future. Yes, neck soreness all by itself seems minor, but combined with the others he has suffered makes the overall picture very uncertain.

16. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Unless it is much more serious than indicated, I don't think the neck soreness should add to worries about Correa. If you had worries prior to this, you should still worry. If you didn't, this shouldn't put you over the edge. I'm a little concerned with the back. Other stuff, not so much. If he was a pitcher, my view would be different.

17. astros123

astros123 Member

Or maybe he shouldnt be gaming for 8 hours a day ? Staring at a 19'' computer screen for 8 hours cant be the best for the cervical muscles ay?

18. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Yep. Prior to acquiring Diaz, their intention was to have Gurriel move into Marwin’s role and White play 1B (presumably with Kemp as the default DH). So if they ended up that way it wouldn’t be a big deal. This is an ancillary benefit of Kemp, Marisnick, and White being out of options resulting in 13 position players. I think they’d only add a position player if there was another injury.

19. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

I wouldn't trade the Luhnow/Hinch combo for any other GM/Manager in baseball

But the problem with them, as another poster wrote a couple of weeks ago, Correa could have been literally cut in half by a combine harvester, and our front office would say it is nothing serious and he will be ok

Kim likes this.
  20. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

If Correa continues to be injury prone, is he still on our "must sign" list in the long-term? Or would we rather keep a core of Bregman, Altuve, Springer in tact? Basically it comes down to Springer vs Correa. Correa has the better upside but may never get there, due to health concerns. Springer is a great player but not a generational player. Def concerned about Correa's viability long-term. Age only makes the health issues worse, not better.