1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Correa Call-Up Warning Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by jim1961, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

great article thanks for posting it!

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Who's your AL Rookie of the Year: Lindor or Correa? Due to defense, I'd lean Lindor, but there's no wrong answer: <a href="http://t.co/b5tB1dV9yE">pic.twitter.com/b5tB1dV9yE</a></p>&mdash; Jordan Bastian (@MLBastian) <a href="https://twitter.com/MLBastian/status/651493911656050688">October 6, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Someone explain to me how he isn't the slam dunk rookie of the year? I don't see it. I've never seen the defense argument used to this extent, particularly against someone who I've been watching for a half a season play some fine shortstop.

4. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Ask anyone that is even thinking about Lindor for ROY if they would rather have Correa or Lindor for the next 8 to 12 years on their club and every one of them would say Correa.

5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Yeah but the award is for this year and this year alone. Even on that Correa is just the better player.

6. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

The last week has been troubling on the field... was playing like Jeter and that isn't a compliment. However, he has been amazing otherwise.

7. weakfromtoday

weakfromtoday Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Didn't see this posted yet. Apologies if someone beat me to it.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/10/houston-astros-carlos-correa-does-not-like-beer

Just a reminder how young this kid is and how great of a future he is going to have.

8. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

I wish my first Bud was after winning a Wildcard spot...

9. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Correa played 152 regular season games this year across AA, AAA, and the majors. His counting numbers get a little bit lost since he played at so many different levels.

180 hits
    96 runs
    43 doubles
    4 triples
    32 home runs
    112 RBI
    32 steals (5 CS)

Something like .540 SLG and .370 OBP.

He look OK.

10. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

He look AAAA OK!

11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'm with Correa. Never acquired a taste for beer.

12. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

****ing love this kid.

13. baubo

baubo Member

Is there a reason why defense shouldn’t matter. As hitters they are similar in terms of production with slight edge to Correa. As defenders, while I don’t watch the Indians, Lindor by everyone’s accounts has GG stuff (this has been said since Lindor was drafted) while Correa’s merely “good.” Correa has looked otherworldly at times but he’s struggled at times too. So it’s not as if the stats are lying here.

There’s not need to blast what was an amazing rookie season from Lindor just because we Astros fans don’t give a damn about the Indians. Both have been great.

14. conquistador#11

easy solution, Co-AL MVPs. everyone is happy, stat geeks and traditionalists.

15. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

My favorite player is Carlos Correa as an Astros fan, but i tried to always try to say what i see, the good, the bad and the ugly. Sometimes those things are not liked in this forum but ......

For some time i said Lindor was ahead of Correa for the ROY due to his defense. Baseball America for 2015 gave Lindor a 70 on defense, Correa a 55 (80 is top grade).

I think that both will be perennial All Star players, but at the end, Correa will be better, but he will move to 3b while Lindor will stay always at SS.

Who will win this year? Probably Correa, but I think Lindor deserves the award just as much, maybe even a little bit more.

16. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Who said defense doesn't matter? I'm talking in the minds of voters, defense is almost never weighed anywhere remotely to offense. And who said anything about Lindor having a bad season let alone "blasting" him. Lindor was great this year but Correa had a historic rookie year offensively while being good defensively. I see a lot of people saying Lindor because of defense. So that's assuming they were equals on offense? Explain that to me cause I don't see it.

17. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

OPS is about the same

18. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

Lindor's OPS is buoyed by his highest BABIP since A ball. Correa's OPS is where it is from ****ing mashing.

Grinder rests.

19. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Let me remind everyone that we are talking about 2 of best young talent in baseball, ok???? Is like talking about Arod and Jeter when both were young.

Correa is better with power and arm, Lindor is better with defense, speed and average.

Now, who would i take? Correa. Who will win the ROY? Probably Correa, but, if we take defense into consideration, then Lindor could have a SLIGHT advantage.

One thing i am sure, if we had Lindor in our team, he would play SS and Correa SS.

Just imagine that, Lindor in our team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Altuve 2b
    2. Lindor ss
    3. Correa SS
    4. Springer RF
    5. Gomez CF
    6. RAsmus LF
    7. Gattis DH
    8. Carter 1b
    9. Castro C

well, we can all dream, right???

20. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member