1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Correa and his struggles... last 109 AB's : 174 AVG. 1 HR

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by CinematicFusion, Sep 16, 2018.

1. HatsForBats

HatsForBats Member

It has been ugly since he came back, but Marwin on defense pains me, and the amount of 1st pitch strikes he takes has been maddening. I feel like all three Springer,Altuve and Correa rushed back too soon.

But without his quickness he should be working on just hitting opposite field.

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I've just about given up on him being a meaningful contributor in this postseason run. We're gonna have to win with very little production from SS. He isn't right, and he doesn't look close to right. The stats back up the clear observation that he isn't hitting the ball hard. A player of his talent level simply doesn't post a sub .500 OPS for a quarter of the season unless something is really wrong.

He's gonna start, but it won't be for on field reasons. Even if he were the best infielder in baseball it still wouldn't be good enough to carry his completely non productive bat.

I'm gonna keep hoping he puts something together, but at this point that's what it feels like, hope, not expectation.

everyday eddie likes this.
  3. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

He sucks!

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  4. rdsgonzo13

rdsgonzo13 Contributing Member

From Charlie Palilo. Check out Correa's career stats against Kluber and Bauer, which were pre .450 OPS Correa.

https://houston.sportsmap.com/astros-indians-series-will-be-no-walk-park-champs/

5. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

If Correa is still hurt to the point it's affecting his performance this bad, he shouldn't be playing. Also if he is still hurt, playing through it could make it worse. He's a rally killer more times than not at the plate and he is just pitiful to watch trying to hit with any authority right now. I know this is a delicate subject with him being perceived as a cornerstone player but man, I could see him killing an important rally in the playoffs that could cost the team a game. I guess that's the risk the organization is willing to take.

6. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

We are winning the WS and Correa is going to mash the whole time.

7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I have a feeling he will rise to the occasion.

Daddy Long Legs and punkoholic like this.
  8. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

He's just pulling a Ohtani. In Spring training Ohtani was horrible and a lot of people thought he was a over hyped bust. Regular season rolls around and we all know what he's doing.

Correa is just taking it easy and come playoff time, he'll ramp it up. His goal was to win Mvp and je can't win the mvp this year so his only options for mvp is Alcs and the World Series mvp.

AznH-TownFan, BigM and Astrodome like this.
  9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I've read this positive post of yours :)

Correa will likely suck in the playoffs, but I will GLADLY eat crow.

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

You’re being a bit dramatic, don’t you think? Since the break they have him last week, his swing looks much better (the hr today certainly doesn’t hurt). He is the best defensive SS on this team, period. His bat is showing some signs of coming out of it. A few more days off can’t hurt either.

Astrodome and seemoreroyals like this.
  11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Today was inarguably his best game since he came off the DL. His swings didn't look decidedly better before today.

Baseball can turn on a dime, and here's hoping that's what happened here.

Blake, crose and rdsgonzo13 like this.
  12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Huge game today and his best in a looong while.

Crow possibly -- HOPEFULLY -- incoming.