1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Corpus Christi Beaches or Elsewhere?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SleepyRodriguez, Jul 13, 2014.

1. SleepyRodriguez

I am a lazy man and do not want to drive 6 hours to South Padre Island from Houston towards the end of July. I told my SO that I could take her and the kids to Corpus which cuts on the driving time. HOWEVER, we recently went to Galveston and it stunk and was full of seaweed. Should I expect the same in Corpus? Also, I am really trying to determine which hotel I should stay at that's nearest to the beach. Is Mustang Island a better choice? Port Aransas? I prefer a hotel close to the beach and prefer convenience over driving my car into sand full of wildlife etc. Should I just bite the bullet and drive to Padre Island? Where to stay? Help me....please?

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Look up Rockport

Oh I guess you already did

3. SleepyRodriguez

Thanks! I will. Can you also post a youtube video of a song you like?

4. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I stayed in Port Aransas a few years back and it was pretty nice, 5 times the beach that Galveston is for sure... I stayed at the Port Royal and i enjoyed it for the most part.

Its one of my favorite beaches in Texas and about the best you can do.

5. SleepyRodriguez

Thanks K-Low_4_Prez! You've got to post a song now though.

6. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

South Padre was awesome last month, this vac was mostly for our kids. We stayed at the Schlitterbhan hotel which makes it convenuit for water park. Water was clear and free of seaweed, island wasn't packed either. Drive the extra few hours.

7. Progs

Progs Member

Went to South Padre a month ago also. Rented a beach house. Very fun time plus it's only 2 and half hours away from Corpus, I suggest you try and make it there instead.

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Just got back from N.Padre Island. Seaweed wasn't bad at all. We go there usually 2-3 times per year. Port A is our favorite spot on the Texas coast. It's not too expensive and never too crowded.

9. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

convenient*

10. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Port Aransas and Corpus beaches aint bad. Miles ahead of stinky Galveston

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I was fishing in Matagorda last week. The beaches are filled with seaweed.

Padre would probably be your best option, and honestly the three extra hours(drive from Corpus to Padre) are worth it.