1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Corey Brewer Traded to the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Dec 19, 2014.

?

Do you like the trade of Troy Daniels and two second round picks for Corey Brewer?

1. YES

662 vote(s)
    93.8%
  2. NO

44 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Brewer's first five minutes as a Rocket: 5 pts 3 assts 3 steals

2. atwood

atwood Member

I am sure he does crush fantasy sports while finding assets for Rockets:grin:

3. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Overstatement. Ariza is still called upon to defend the opponent's best perimeter player. Very significant role

4. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-TGeaSXxcmw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I am very happy about Corey's debut. But I am going to restrain my excitement for now.

1. It's only one game. Remember Garcia and Casspi?
    2. He might just be an asset in Morey's mind. I won't be surprised if he's traded by the deadline.

1 person likes this.
  6. Classic

Classic Member

Forgot all about that Brewer on Fish dunk. wow

feelin good about our squad

7. CCapps

CCapps Contributing Member

We have several players that fit this. Bev, Harden, Howard, and Brewer would all get on my nerves on other teams.

8. basketballholic

.....the equivalent of the old Al Davis Raider teams in the NFL. Everybody hates us.

9. Possum

Possum Member

A good way to start an ignore list. :grin:Weed out some of the low IQ posters. ;) Brewer in one game has already contributed more to this team than troy daniels did this entire season.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I was surprised and shocked at how FAST Brewer played. Total lightening bolt! Great off the bench.

That lineup that had the Rockets going small with Bev/Harden/Brewer/Ariza/Howard was something.

Brewer and Ariza patrolling the passing lanes with their quickness and long arms! Nice!

11. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

You are right. It's one game. But he does lead the league in steals, so you can expect him to keep up the pace. The guy can flat out create turnovers and lead the fast-break.

Brewer is the jolt we needed and he makes everything easier for his teammates. You can stay excited and rest-assured he won't be dealt.

12. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Reminds me of his Florida days (he hasn't lost his step.) The guy can flat out play. Super quick hands and speed to the rim.

13. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Easy there.

14. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

DMO is more likely to get traded than Brewer. IMHO. DMO the Asset.

15. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

His arm!

[​IMG]

16. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I noticed him take a few slashes to the basket with and without the ball. I haven't seen that much since Parsons. It's a nice addition to our offensive set again. Keeps defenders on their toes having to keep an eye on that.

17. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

He's not just an asset. He's someone Morey has coveted for years now. He's a big piece in building a championship team.

Rockets needed someone who can play D too take off the weight on Ariza and all the minutes he's logged (2nd in the NBA)

And what about Garcia or Casspi? they've never come close to putting up zzz HALF of Brewer's numbers

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You have very short memory. Both guys played great right off the bat when they joined us.

Garcia shot .386 from 3 his first season with us, and played very good defense.

Casspi shot 6-11 from 3, scored almost 12ppg and grabbed 5 rpg in his first 3 regular season games.

Corey Brewer shot 2-4 from 3 last night. But his career 3pt avg is .290. He's a great stealer no doubt. His per game average in the past couple of seasons are around 2.3, not 5 like last night. My point is, his numbers last night are all above his average. So don't expect he can do it night in and night out (with Drexler's voice).

When Ariza was shooting 60% 3pointers at the beginning of the season, I was telling people that it's not going to sustain over the whole season.

19. kemah

kemah Member

The rest last night that Harden and Ariza had last night is going to be the norm because of Brewer. Watching him last night and seeing how well Brewer played with the team and kept the tempo up so effortlessly was a surprise. We are now back to being the most disliked but top team again. I am fine with that.

20. engr chris

engr chris Member

[Youtube]hxNB1bRboAU[/youtube]