1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Corey Brewer to start tonight against the Wizards

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Chexy, Nov 7, 2016.

1. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Surely a move to showcase Brewers greatness.
    Trade must be coming.

2. rustyrob

rustyrob Member

Brewer = Greatest Practice Player of All Time ?

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am hoping that Mike D'Antoni can work his magic and get Brewer to be somewhat productive for a month or so, so we can trade his ass at the deadline.

4. BAHAMIANFAN

BAHAMIANFAN Contributing Member

LOL if this happens, there will be fans on this site talking about how great he is and how we shouldn't have traded him. 51points!

5. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I love the thought and I agree with it but really Brewer? KJ would be a much much better choice that I think most would get behind here.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

KJ definitely deserves the opportunity to play extended minutes, but bringing Gordon, KJ and Nene off the bench is a good look too.

heypartner likes this.
  7. alethios

alethios Member

MDA is still kicking the can...right to the goat.

heypartner likes this.
  8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Brewer only getting $8 million per year.

Surprised no team is offering us first rounders for that bargain

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Except for opening night, and the game Ariza got stitches, both KJ and Dekker have gotten more minutes than Brewer.

KJ seems to be settling in at ~20mpg, which is about right for now. And Brewer seems to be right around 15 mpg. My guess is Dekker's mpg will get over 20 soon.

It's common to develop young guys with a known mpg for them, so they get used to a rhythm. Then up it from there. Thus, use the vets for these injury related temporary fluctuations.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Brewer per36:

10 points, 4.4 assists, 4 rebounds, 1.6 steals

And he's shooting 53% on twos. (25% on threes).

11. heypartner

Uh, yeah, but KJ is 14.7 pts;/36 shooting 73% from 2s.

Most of those are dunks/layups, so kinda shows you that 53% for Brewer should be higher if he were a better finisher.

I will say that I've seen KJ play some sloppy defense, despite the blocks, so wouldn't say just yet that he's a clear better choice for defense than Brewer.

ducks for cover

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Legit question - Is there a worse NBA starter in the league than Corey Brewer at the moment?

13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I doubt it lol. How many times have we thought that Sewer would finally be out of the rotation only to surprise us with **** like this?!! Remember last year's playoffs, Sewer plays awful from the bench, therefore the solution was to go ahead and start him lol.

I give up man. I don't understand the love for Sewer from our coaching staff and FO and I think it's one of those things none of us are intended to understand. Kind of like, what's the meaning of life.

14. dobro1229

Luc Mbah a Moute with the Clippers?

Is he a better player than Brewer?

15. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

lol poor Corey Brewer

16. heypartner

Terrence Jones :D:eek:

17. Ranny

Ranny Member

i see 3 alternatives:

Option A) He is a great training player. The kind of guy that always shows up early and leaves last, that fights for every possession, that runs and sweats and bleeds during training, he puts in so much effort that he might be the coach's pet, he is an example of professionalism and coaches love him for that. The problem is that when the game is real he just doesn't cut it but they keep giving him minutes because he is so great during training.

Option B) They are trying to give him minutes in the hope that he has a decent run and his trade value goes up. Those 7 million dollars a year are worthless sitting on the bench, they might feel that its a better idea to give him minutes and hope for the best, if he at least looks half decent for a couple of months we might be able to get rid of him at a Good price (for us).

Option C) Yeah the nudes

DonKnock and heypartner like this.
  18. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

"Corey Brewer confirmed to have nudes of all NBA coaches"???
    Don't be absurd. It's only ONE nude pic of JBB and D'Antoni together.

19. dobro1229

Haha... I can already feel Bobbythenotsogreat pounding away at his keyboard over this one.

However so far its funny that Jones is actually outperforming Brewer for the Pelicans although the one knock would be that the Pelicans are a win less disgrace thus far. 19 points the other night in his first start while D-Mo is maybe headed to Europe... (Jopat & Bobby's ears = burning).

20. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I swear, this is the LAST FREAKING THING that I wanted to see when logging into Clutchfans today. It actually takes away some of my enthusiasm for watching the game tonight. Like WTF? Moves like this would make me want to start posting in the Fire Morey and Fire MDA threads, UNLESS this is a move to showcase and trade Brewer WITHIN a week! I don't want to even see this guy play, let alone start.