1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Corey Brewer is GARBAGE!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Need to get a backup 3&d G and then if we can a big backup C who is defensively competent. Nothing fancy just some solid insurance guys will do, anything more is a bonus.

Brewer is a dead contract. If sign him at vet minimum today for his attitude and alleged locker room positives as a 14th man. But right now we have greater needs and our first founder feels like the most dispensable asset we own. Package him with the first.

Honestly I can envision a headline saying "Rockets stun Warriors, Advance". I can see it.

These guys are going to end up almost 20 games better than what the average analyst predicted. 11-1 on second night of back to backs. Notable wins against big teams. Growth against teams that have our number. Perseverance against injuries. Next man up mentality. React well to their own bad habits. Responsive to coaching. Positive locker room. On court chemistry.

They have the "it". Let's give them some backup. Our first rounder and Brewer feels like a small price to pay to reward this team for their work. It's not fair to keep trotting Brewer out there with these guys.

ElDobleK, Jake Tower and hakeem94 like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

anyone have the clip of Brew's dunk last night? or as a gif, either way.

3. Normalus

Normalus Member

[​IMG]

DonKnock, SLRokJok, alethios and 6 others like this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

thanks, that's great!

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

no circus music?

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL. I am not a Brewer apologist but he's in the rotation and KJ is NOT for multiple reasons. KJ is inconsistent in his hustle, lost on D, ball gets sticky in his hands, etc. KJ either has severely regressed in efficiency, poor attitude/ confidence and/or is unable to grasp the system. Otherwise he would see minutes as Dekker and Harrell have had. Problem is he's doing nothing in practice to give coaching staff confidence that he can do the job.

I'll save my 2 good posts for later, but I still trust that MDA knows which players are best fits for his 7 seconds or less offense. KJ can improve over Brewer, he's just not their yet for reasons we as fans are not aware of.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

kj and brewer are both garbage, it's like comparing which one of 2 garbage is worst...

8. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

I reminded of the play vs GSW where brewer recovered a loose ball and all he had to do was throw it ahead for an easy wide open dunk...... but threw it out of bounds.

Gakatron and BigShasta like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I have heard that statement for years but yet the man is still HERE!

Survived MilkHair and his BFF JBB.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So a wolf can outrun bears and posterize?

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Is that Brewer dunking on himself?

At this point I guess it wouldn't be surprising if he learned to duplicate himself to dunk and get dunked on simultaneously. That's so Brewer.

12. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I was happy when we resigned him now I'm convinced he is one of the worst players in the NBA. He is always playing hard 100 percent but its like he just lost all skills. Space Jam style.

13. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Get this trash outta here please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

-22 in 7 minutes tonight. 0 points. 0 rebounds. 0 steals. 0 blocks. 0 assists.

Keep playing him, though, Mike. He brings so much energy! The fans don't see the kind of stuff he provides, I'm sure!

#234 J Sizzle, Jan 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    joshuaao, mdoggnic and pippendagimp like this.
  15. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Iono how the **** do the dam rockets organization think he's a good player when 100% of the fanbase that watch more than them dont think so...God i hate r****ded people that is up there sometime.

16. newAge_Rockets

-22 in 7 minutes. Oh my God.

17. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

guys montrelzz harrel was a -14 in 3 minutes with 0 points 0 rebounds and 0 assist

18. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

Brewer was horrible. Again. -22 in only 7 minutes on the floor. In the 4th he bumps into gordon leading to a back door dunk by the greek freak and then he bumps into capela who was about to secure an offensive rebound. Each time the bucks scored. The guy cant do anything right at the moment. Its time for a change.

pippendagimp likes this.
  19. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

If you're a lakers fan

20. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Crusty Ballsack has played his final game as a Rocket and has been shown the door.

#KJTime
    #BrewerToChina