1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Corey Brewer is -47 in this series

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bo6, May 11, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Despite playing only 26 minutes per game.

2. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

It's because of James Harden's personality.

3. HardenHardon

HardenHardon Member

4. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

Terry is -56

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Nice.

Is that the adjusted +/-?

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Brewer is what he is. High energy niche player. as a 6th option he's good at it and did well on the Dallas Championship team.

on this team he's the freaking 4th option and sometimes the 2nd or 3rd. That's bad.

McDaniels will be a good replacement.

7. RESINator

RESINator Member

He log any significant minutes during their playoff run. Only played during the lakers series. He was a career scrub back then.

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Brewer's been a disaster this series. He even bricked a dunk last night. I think a big reason he's struggling so much is that his game is heavily dependent on getting out and running. When you can't stop the other team from scoring though, those transition opportunities aren't there. And BTW, I think that's affecting Harden as well.

I know it sounds simplistic, but if the Rockets ever started trying at the defensive end, they'd have a legit shot in this series. Just look at the 2nd half of Game 2.

9. HardenHardon

HardenHardon Member

Ha ha ha...he didn't do **** on that Mavs team. He played in 6 of the 21 playoff games and only averaged 3.8 minutes.

He had ONE good game in game 1 and even then was just a decent little wrinkle off the bench. Only played like 7 or 8 minutes.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bench has been a disaster.

11. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

His niche is running transition which he turned into an art. Why, he even blocked Griffin once.

We asked him to defend, shoot 3pters and lately be our 2nd option on offense, 'cuz Harden kept passing to him.

12. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Once brewer shooting returned to normal, you can see why h cant be relied upon on.

13. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Josh Smith, to my mind, has been the biggest missing piece. If he had played as well as he did in the DAL series, Harden wouldn't be so isolated.

I don't know how he or the Clippers negated him.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I wasn't expecting much more from him to be honest. He's not that good. Great guy to have on your bench but you cant rely on a guy that shoots that poorly and gambles that much to show up night-in-and-night-out.

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The entire 2nd unit is a mess. Smith is making dumb passes, can't make a layup to save his life, and isn't defending worth a damn. Dwight is approaching Joey Dorsey territory at the foul line which is causing the team to stop going to him in the post(and I can't entirely blame them). Brewer can't make layups or jumpshots and is committing stupid fouls at the other end including on 3-point shooters. Ariza has struggled shooting all throughout the playoffs. And Pepperoni is Pepperoni.

16. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Smith and Brewer have regressed massively.

17. ibm

ibm Member

brewer is far from the problem. i'd like to see he stays on the team.

amongst role players, josh smith is a much bigger problem. if he's gone next year, i wouldn't have any problem with it.

18. awc713

awc713 Member

This stat has less to do with Brewer as a player, and more to do with how we're forced to play LAC's game.

Brewer thrives in our system. We saw this in the regular season and the first round. Unfortunately, he does not thrive in slow-pace half-court offensive and defensive sets. LAC has forced us to play their style, and that is what (hopefully does not, but looks like) will cost us this series.

LAC has 100% thwarted our transition game, which is Brewer's biggest advantage. With shooters like Jamal, JJ, and now Rivers (smh), Brewer is getting bit for the gambles that have paid off all season. FWIW, he still needs to make these gambles if we have any shot at winning. Regardless, more credit is due to LAC for commanding the style of play in this series than is blaming Brewer. We know what type of player he is, so it's up to us to enforce his strengths. And we just have not been able to do it.

2 people like this.
  19. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Meh. Brewer is playing well. The problem with Brewer is the act that we aren't getting transition baskets which is his forte.

20. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

This guy gets it.

1 person likes this.