1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Corey Brewer has to go.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dankstronaut, Oct 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

So??

Aaron Afflalo is actually good. Hes past his prime now but hes still a nice player. Weird reach there.

Anyone here would have taken Afflalo over brewer on the same contract. Its not even a debate.

2. gdinamite

gdinamite Member

I think Brewer could be a good weapon when he plays with KJ on fastbreak. But I hate Brew, so cut him.

3. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Why the hell not

4. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

I dought the cavs would want this buy I would like to do a Brewer for shumpert trade

5. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Misunderstanding here. I was saying most people were fine with the Brewer contract even though we could have had Afflalo at that time. Most people were OK with Brewer instead of Afflalo at the same price.

6. atam

atam Member

I don't understand why everyone's hating on him this much. Our system/broken team is to blame for his struggles. If he went to a team with an actual system with a team that gels, he'd be productive for them. He's still a defender who can give Ariza some relief off the bench, and when he gets his stroke going, he CAN knock down threes. That should be his role and nothing else. Also, plenty of people got paid that aren't worth anymore close to that amount. Remember that Mozgov is making more $$$ than Steph Curry right now.

P.S. PORTLAND is the most dangerous team in the West right now outside of GS.

7. Exiled

Exiled Member

with all fragile Big bodies we've

Brewer might be our backup PF/C by March

he is not known as shot blocker or rim protector , but guaranteed , he will use his pointy knees to the chest of opponent centers if needed to stop them

8. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

But he did score 51 pts

9. ksny15

ksny15 Member

We have a system now.. a very good one at that.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I actually think he will have a better season than last year. His veteran presence is needed as well.

11. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I don't believe we had the cap space to sign Afflalo. The team possessed Brewer's early bird rights, which was what enabled Morey to re-sign him.

oakdogg likes this.
  12. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Only one way to find that out.

heypartner likes this.
  14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Mark me down as someone willing to try this experiment.

#54 heypartner, Oct 23, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  15. da_juice

da_juice Member

It's easy to forget now, but his first year here he was the perfect fit. Played good D, great on fastbreaks he was a fan favorite and a lot of us were afraid of losing him. I don't think anyone (including the Rockets FO) could have predicted his massive decline.

16. kevtse

kevtse Member

Missing easy layups, bricking open shots have nothing to do with the system.

17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Josh Smith was great that year too.

18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I remember. His first few games with us got so many of excited. Him and Josh Smith to a lesser degree were huge additions to our bench for the 2nd half of the season..big part of the reason the Rockets were able to retain the 2nd seed. Now they're useless.

19. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I agree he's been a disappointment. I think his value is as a glue guy/locker room/practice/cheerleader but he is such a bad shooter and a real magnet for hacking as his FT% is also very bad. I see all sorts of other options at this spot. I have no idea why McHale played him, no idea why Bickerstaff did, and no idea why D'Antoni is. Apparently coaches see something we don't.

20. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I agree with J.B. and I agree about Memphis. This is important though. You really can't question Brewer's hustle or effort, ever. And I especially agree he makes big shots (as many or more layups on fast breaks as/than 3's I'd guess) that no one else could make. And he's fast enough it seems like he even thinks faster than the others on the court. He just can't shoot for the rest of most games. And that's a pretty big problem.