1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cops shoot and kill dog

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Jul 2, 2013.

1. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

The owner seems to be an idiot looking for a pay day.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Fast forward a few months, and the Police Department will release this to the press:

"The Whateverthef*** Police hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards. As such, we take very sincerely the complaint against us in this matter. However, after a thorough internal investigation, The Whateverthef*** Police were found to have followed procedure and to have committed no wrongdoing."

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

If a big ass rotwaller is coming at me and I have a gun, he is going down. I'm not getting bitten. The idiot with the dog is responsible for the dogs death, plain and simple (for not properly restraining the dog). Plus if he was interfering with the cops ability to do their job and he was warned and he still refused to comply then that is a crime. Period.

The dog owner was a total jack ass

The dog owner did not restrain his dog (a deadly weapon) around armed police officers

The dog owner was intentionally interferring with the officers to do their in a potentially deadly situation.

To bad the stupid ass dog owner should have been the one shot. The dog only did what he was trained to do by the dumb ass dog owner and was killed because of it. Placing the dog in a car with the windows halfway down is not restraining the dog.

4. ILoveWhiteGirls

Irresponsible dog owners are just as bad as parents who abuse/neglect their child.

5. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

So does anyone have an alternative procedure the cops should have taken? Try to wrestle the dog to the ground and pin it? Run around in circles from the dog until it gets tired or until animal control can get there with a tranquilizer gun?

6. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I agree with you!! It's obvious the guy was trying to instigate a confrontation with
    the police. Not complying with the orders to turn his radio down and so blatantly
    antagonizing the officers with his paparazzi style video recording led to this poor
    animals demise!

I hope this guy gets what he deserves, because that Rott didn't deserve to die!
    Also anyone trying to put the blame on the police without firsthand experiencing
    the stress involved isn't seeing things clearly! It's a split second decision weather
    to pull the trigger or potentially get bitten by this huge dog. A decision
    that could of been avoided had this jerk not been hellbent on interfering with
    the police.

#26 BamBam, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I'm glad they clarified what song was playing on the radio.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I wouldn't shoot a dog coming at me. I think I can handle myself against a dog and I'm willing to take a bite below my face. If I start getting torn up I'll shoot. Or mace. Or taze. It's just not in me to shoot first. If an unarmed human charges me, a much more lethal attacker, I wouldn't (and a cop shouldn't) shoot first. So I don't think it's in their muscle memory to just shoot first.

9. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

It's an unfortunate situation. The cop would've been in major trouble if he had walked over to the dog on the ground and executed it. Truly a no-win for anyone involved.

10. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Damn....I have two dogs that I love more then anything in the world.

That said, nobody is to blame except the mother ****ing owner.

Music blasting, trying to act like a bad ass in front of cops when he is not even involved in the situation. Dumb ass!

The cops did try to calm the dog down, but what are they suppose to do with a 100lb rottweiler coming at them?

Absolutely unfortunate and I had to x out when the dog started suffering. :(

11. Raven

Raven Member

He goes out of his way to insert himself into the middle of a situation where the cops are already on edge and carrying assault rifles.

In LA.

When he has a Rotty.

That he failed to secure.

And he ends up arrested and his dog dead.

Congratulations!

12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

"DAMN SHAME what they did to that dog. :eek:"

I see the PD did what was right. Bad owners kill their own dogs.

LOL! :grin: Sure. Hahahaha... sure.

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

14. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I'm not sure how you can defend the owner in this situation and not side with the cops. Dogs that size can and have killed people. There was obviously something that was already going on that had the officers attention, the guy gets out and adds to that situation, doesn't secure the dog in the car and the dog paid the price for the stupidity of his owner.

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The owner was wrong for putting the dog in harms way. However, the owner is allowed to shout at police and film them in a public place. That isn't illegal, and he shouldn't have his dog killed because of that.

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

A tazer wouldn't have worked? Sad to see a dog die like that.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Cities don't pay enough to attract logical, sensible people toward law enforcement.

You get what you pay for folks. Roided up, tattooed military washouts.

18. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

While this is true, lots of PDs don't receive enough funding to provide things like tasers or bullet proof vests, etc. In relative terms, this is about a 1 out of 10 on the 'cops behaving badly' scale.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's a fraternity that takes care of its own and shuns those who try to enact change. It's never going to evolve. Just remember folks that you are your own protection.

20. teknokid

teknokid Member

You guys are focusing on the wrong things. He was wrongfully detained and handcuffed. Which law was he breaking?