1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cop Stalks then Pulls a Gun for no reason!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rox11, Aug 5, 2015.

Tags:
  1. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Video taker gives a bad rep to folks who are actually antagonized by cops daily due to his or her skin color.

2. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Wonder how many times people call the cops on that guy in the video for him to be filming before the cop car shows up. Is it legal for a quarter of your truck to be parked on the street off your driveway like that? Guy sounds like one of those nutjob neighbors that nobody likes in their neighborhood.

3. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Guy obviously enjoys antagonizing cops, regardless the cop should've holstered his weapon when the guy took his hand out of his pocket.

4. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Guy was clearly an idiot, but why did the cop, A. get out of his car to confront the man B. get upset about being recorded while driving and C. pull out his weapon.

Another case of the cop not being properly trained to deal with the public (in this case a stupid person) and letting their emotions/pride affect their action.

5. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Yeaaaah, gotta side with law enforcement on this one. You act suspect, you get treated as one. If I were the policeman, I would want to ensure he's not concealing a weapon as well. As soon as he refuses to show me his hands, with one being concealed in his pocket, I'm drawing my weapon.

I would not have re-holstered my weapon in this case either, because the guy with the camera kept backing up, and could have easily been going for a weapon stashed somewhere.

6. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Yeah. No cops needed. :rolleyes: If something happens, call the cops. Wait for over an hour and wonder if they'll even show up. It's not even the reason I had to install video cameras outside of my home due to the constant thievery in the neighborhood, burglaries, assaults/thefts, etc. The "living in the Loop is awesome" theme has become stale. The average home price in my neighborhood is around $400-$500K and we have just as much "ghetto thugs" roaming, driving slow looking for **** to steal as much as any place outside of the loop.

7. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Imagine you are sitting there in your car and some guy keeps walking closer and closer to your car with a camera pointed at you the entire time. I don't know about you, but I'd probably get out of my car also and see what the guy's problem is. Now if he's got his other hand in his pocket the entire time, I'm gonna wanna know what's in there.

8. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

and for the person who asked me a question anonymously instead of just putting it here, no there isnt a law you have to keep your hands out of your pockets on a normal basis. BUT when a cop asks to see your hands, he is doing it because he's worried aobut something, and yes you DO HAVE TO COMPLY with that request at that time.

9. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

FTFY

-signed Zippy

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

You live in the Rice Military? the Heights?

11. likestohypeguy

I don't like either one of those guys. I don't like the cop, and I don't like the YouTube-rights guy.

12. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Wait, so the guy clearly states that he has had issues with them before on different issues and is either right or paranoid about the cop watching his house.

When the cop takes out his piece the guy immediately emptys his pockets and holds the camera in the other hand.........so why did the cop continue to have his gun out and continue to approach him?

13. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I hear what you are saying. But put yourself in a cops position. It might not seem like a scary situation while we are watching it on youtube. But if I'm a cop, being shot at by a weirdo and dying on the job is always in the back of my mind.

The guy shooting the video, the OP and Rocket River's constant copy bashing is really bizarre.

14. SleepyRodriguez

Look at the little prince living in his pristine and gated community away from "ghetto SE". I can imagine you huffing and puffing with upper class arrogance while you typed that on your wireless $85 keyboard. LOL, just messing with ya...

15. edwardc

edwardc Member

? what reason did the officer have to approach the guy in the first place.

16. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I'm shocked the guy recording the video did not edit out anything for his own benefit. :rolleyes:

17. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

The cameraman was moving back, and could have been going for a weapon stashed, say behind his car initially out of view. I wouldn't holster my weapon if I didn't feel safe. The cameraman certainly doesn't make me feel safe haha.

18. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Sugar Land > Inside the Loop for safety.

19. Nook

Nook Member

The Cop handled it fine.

The other guy is a loser.

20. Rox11

Rox11 Member

What im having a hard time understanding is this is not very normal.

Is a cop supposed to reach for his gun everytime he somewhat suspects suspicion? You can tell the officer was very mad and aggressive, he was hostile and riled up at the fact he was being taped.

In this date and time with all thats happening, if a cop pulls a gun on you are you going to not fear your life?