1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cool Story Bro...no REALLY cool story

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheGoldenGreek, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Here's a book some of you should read as well (you guys know who you are):

Beyond Feelings: A Guide to Critical Thinking

This succinct, interdisciplinary introduction to critical reasoning successfully dares students to question their own assumptions and to enlarge their thinking through the analysis of the most common problems associated with everyday reasoning. The text offers a unique and effective organization: Part I explains the fundamental concepts; Part II describes the most common barriers to critical thinking; Part III offers strategies for overcoming those barriers.

http://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Feelings-Guide-Critical-Thinking/dp/007282896X

2. ROCKCITY

ROCKCITY Member

You're from Strake Jesuit right? I'm an alumni who just graduated. Anyways that was pretty cool.

3. Kwame

Nothing wrong with optimism as long as it's tempered with regular doses of realism, as Morey himself is suggesting by saying that we should wait until there are some positive results before we sing his praises. For the most part you can count me in the 'In Morey We Trust' crowd, but that doesn't stop me from pointing out mistakes or thinking critically vis-a-vis personnel decisions, the decision-making process, and the Rockets in general. Some may characterize that approach as negative, loathing, and hatin', but they are usually the blind homers who are divorced from reality. As it stands right now, even if everybody remains healthy (and that's a big if), I think the Rockets are a good team, but they are not a threat to win a championship.

4. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

5. Entropy

Entropy Member

Daryl Morey is indeed a God.

6. lionaire

lionaire Member

Great story man. :grin:

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I'm '02.

8. Salvation710

Salvation710 Member

Yea definitely. When I meet Morey, I'm gonna say "Well I would congratulate you sir but we need to win some games first." I'm sure that would come across as very intelligent and respectful.

9. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

mad props... with the picture to back it up. This site has grown by leaps and bounds. Even Morey knows about us!

10. LandryMegaBeast

11. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

Morey didn't read the book just to make himself more effective. He read it so that he could use those habits to exploit highly efficient people. ;)

12. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

yes it does and i dont care if tecnically it doesnt dary morey is mentioned :rolleyes:

13. ROCKCITY

ROCKCITY Member

Nice, you know Jason Friedman also went to Strake? He came to our school last year for career day and handed out an autographed Ron Artest basketball.

14. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Just another turd in the punch bowl calling himself ice.

15. Kwame

You may or may not be slow, but nowhere did I suggest being rude to anyone in person. Morey himself is saying that the compliments are nice, but we need to win some games first. My comment was in relation to those that are always praising him on this website. They need to take the same healthy approach that Morey is taking when discussing the Rockets on this bbs.

Have you ever had a response in the GARM that did not involve personally attacking someone and name-calling? I wonder why you don't get negative repped for this type of behavior. That would be one way to discourage you from doing this. It seems that a lot of your posts, especially the ones around this time, are extremely aggressive (to say the least). Do you have an alcohol problem or do you have anger issues or are you an angry alcoholic? The other option might be that you don't know anything about basketball and don't have anything to add, thus you resort to insults and things of that sort. I think it may be a combination of all the above. As I've said before, BMoney you are intellectually bankrupt.

16. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Cool story indeed.

I gotta ask, though...where did your neck go?

17. teknokid

teknokid Member

I have recognized that you are full of mistakes in the last couple days.

18. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Since you've psychoanalyzed me, why don't you recommend another book? :rolleyes: I wouldn't waste good alcohol, or worthy anger on a pissant like you. Funny how you are the one getting your panties in a twist when you pick this thread to look down other Rockets fans who actually like Daryl Morey. The guy was truly excited to meet him, but you had to piss on his happiness and the genuine enthusiasm of other Rockets fans. It's a dick move that you've somehow rationalized as being "realistic."

1 person likes this.
  19. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

[​IMG]

And I mean it in a damn good way :)

20. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Very Cool story indeed bro...

this was like a script from frasier or dawsons creek lol

seriously im all for logic and rationale but my personal opinion is that sports and rationale don't nor should they mix. Where's the fun in viewing a game logically? Supporting your team in my book requires 100% emotion. What do you think is more fun and entertaining being the logical fan (the guy in the business suit in the TC lowerbowl, quiet clapping hands once in a while, watching the game indifferent, with no stake because he knows that opposing team has player x or player y that will probably create too big of a mismatch and we'll lose) or being the emotional fan (and the rockets red glare YEAH!!! ROCKETS FTW to the final buzzer YEAH!!! ROCKETS FTW) im THAT guy in the lowerbowl that everybody hates because i wont sit down lol and also morey isn't going to sing his own praises "lets win some games first" is the party line of a team when dealing with its fans. This isn't a shot or anything just an IMO, we get no support in the media, i love that i can come here and partake in some blind homerism /rant

1 person likes this.