1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Cool Story Bro] About me...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 11, 2011.

1. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

tldr

just kidding, dude youre only 23 or w/e, chill

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Eddie, you should go back to school and get a 4 year degree, in my opinion. You're plenty young enough to do it, and regardless of what you end up doing long term, it will help you in your career. It also doesn't hurt one's self-esteem. In today's world, despite the stories of famous billionaires who dropped out of college to start a business, a degree is almost mandatory if you want to be as successful as you'd like to be. If you're really motivated, you could go to school at night and keep working. People do it. Having a woman who loves you makes all the difference, so you've already been lucky. Maybe it's time for you to make your own luck.

3. Fatty FatBastard

I'll disagree with this to a point. When my son has graduated I will see how ready he is. FAR too often it is just the next natural step once you leave high school.

IMO, if your kid wants to start "undecided" he needs to wait. And I say that from experience. Let the kid find out what his passion is, and THEN pay for his expertise on it.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Eddie is 23, Fatty, and married. It sounds like he wants to take another step in his career. If it requires going to school, better to go and get it behind him, rather than wait X number of years and then decide to go back to school, at least in my opinion. BTW, I've got a son who's a junior at a university out of state. He's lucky enough not to have to pay for it. Not everyone is that fortunate.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I decided not to do a tl;dr and read your novel.

Like others have said, you're 23 and ahead of the game. You could go back to college at 30 and still be ahead of the game. I'm almost 29 and thinking about going back to college for another degree.

I don't know whether you're able to take a foot-in-the-pool approach and "just" take community college classes to pursue your interests and career goals. Kids a little younger than you go to JC/CC by force, rather than choice, in hopes of transferring out... only to find a lack of motivation or effort in following through. Looks can be deceiving, the education is just as tough and just as rigorous. It's up to each student to put in their effort and without the fear of wasting thousands of dollars. If you decide to do this, do some research on what credits can be transfered to a University.

Writing is a great resource, and you're in luck of being born in an era where any schmoe with fingers, eyes, and internet access can scramble up a few words and create a devoted following out of it. I'm sure you'll do better. If you're like me, you can check back in 6 months and wonder about the stranger who hacked into your account with the more profane, dull, sublime, and depressing posts you've ever seem. Surprise yourself. Write summaries of the books you've read.

I kinda sorta have ADD too. I can hardly remember details of the books I've read...It's more of a skeleton. As a guy who made A's in English out of deconstructing Cliffs Notes, it's fitting punishment to recall books like a Cliff's Note.

About that topic about your mother. Did you stand your ground with the wedding invitation?

6. Fatty FatBastard

I didn't see his passion for a course. Did you?

Don't go to College just for the sake of it. As you said, he is 23. Did you truly know what you wanted to be at 23? I'm guessing no.

7. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

[​IMG]

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Only the educated are free. Go back to school asap but only after you've thoroughly thought out what type of career you want.

Btw, Oswald didn't do it.

9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

We compromised. In the end, it wasn't an issue at all.

As far as JC goes, I live in a city with 4 universities, no community colleges. I did most of my prerequisite-type classes for the schooling that I went though for the career that I'm in now. My guess is that should I start in a bachelor's program, I would have somewhere between 50-80 credits that would transfer. This could be way off, though. I would have to talk to someone.

Like others have seemed to gather from my posts, I don't totally have my mind set on one area of study, but generally, I would like to stay in the medical field. That is my biggest issue - finding out where most of my interest lies.

As far as the career path I mentioned - I've worked with them before. Their job seems interesting. Especially seeing as to how there are different paths you can take with it. The most interesting aspect of it, to me, would be trying to find a job doing research. The amount of ground that will be broken in my generation, in the medical field alone, will be astonishing. To be even a small part of that would be interesting, rewarding, fun, and amazing all at the same time.

10. Two Sandwiches

:rolleyes:

:mad:

:rolleyes:

:cool:

:p

/swolypost

11. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

12. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

So you really did get snubbed, Eddy.

By your once-intact family.

I was in the same boat as you, if not worse. Much worse.

Mom and dad divorced when I was 14. OFFICIALLY. Unofficially, who knows, maybe when I was 11 or 12?

That had a MASSIVE affect on me, looking back. Not sure if it affected you at all?

13. Invisible Fan

I took courses in neuroscience and ended up astounded at the progress we're making.

Ultimately, research labs weren't my thing, but you'll definitely end up being around cutting edge tech (or maybe lots of roundworms) if you can handle the coursework.

14. Two Sandwiches

I'm not a huge neuroscience person, though. The nervous system is one of the last systems in my line of interests.

I do, however, like psychology.

15. Invisible Fan

It can be psych with a heavier scientific emphasis or something heavily medical such as a path to brain surgery. There's different fields within it and it's probably grown in number the last time I took it.

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

deserves its own thread

17. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Xero...don't shorn your scrot.

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

My gf had some of that nair hair dissolver and I tried it on my sack. Not a good outcome.

#58 Xerobull, Sep 14, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2022
    Yung-T and AroundTheWorld like this.