1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Controversy erupts after undocumented immigrant waves Mexican flag at graduation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by asianballa23, Jun 20, 2015.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

FWIW, undocumented students are not eligible for federal financial aid, but may receive state or college financial aid. California is one of the states that allows undocumented students to be eligible for state financial aid and in-state tuition.

I'm leaning towards most (if not all) or her tuition and fees being covered, however none of this is "gaming the system." All of this is well within the bounds of the opportunities offered to undocumented students in California.

2. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

"Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we begin by declaring that "all men are created equal." We now practically read it "all men are created equal, except negroes." When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read "all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and catholics." When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty-to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocracy." - Spuds MacKenzie

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

And you prefer illegals learning to be criminals? You keep assuming and believing the rest of us have it harder.

4. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Undocumented "students" or anyone else shouldn't get any type of aid. If you come to this country illegally you should be sent back I don't care if it's Germany, France, China, or Mexico. Seems like most immigrants are able to get it right but some feel like they should get a free pass. I guess this is just one of the multiple reasons why California is in so much debt.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

okay dude California is in so much debt because colleges offer Financial aids and Bursary to poor students. That makes so much sense

6. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

"I guess this is just one of the multiple reasons why California is in so much debt."

Did that help any?

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

no it doesn't. Colleges giving aids to a few undocumented students is not one of the reasons California is in so much debt, it pretty much has close to zero impact on any economy.

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yes, she definitely believes she deserves a free pass. I mean look at her evil moocher ways when she was a toddler and moved her having ill intent to cheat us worthy Americans. You could see it in those toddler eyes.

9. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Speaking about undocumented immigrants in general, read the post again. But if you would like me to be more specific, yes, I do believe her and her parents should have been sent back to Mexico long ago and come back legally like most immigrants do. I don't give a damn about the flag situation.

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Do they carry the Irish flag with them to every graduation? If this girl were an American she wouldn't feel the need to carry a Mexican flag on stage to promote the fact that she's an illegal alien getting a college degree in the United States. She's breaking the law and she's flaunting the fact that she's breaking the law.

11. fchowd0311

'every graduation'. How many graduations does one have? She did this once and I doubt she did it to 'flaunt' her 'gaming the system'. How does one brake a law at the age of 2?

12. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

Do you America bro?

Some of you historians need to research the rebel flag.

Too bad she won't take her pompous ass back to Mexico where she evidently belongs. Her act is disgusting.

I am of direct German descent but can't even tell you the colors on the flag. I am an American and proud of it.

13. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

She is in violation of federal immigration laws.

14. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

Isn't that why people move here? Because we are a country of laws, where we don't have the cartel running wild (at least not as wild as in Mexico)? And we're the land of opportunity?

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

You are proud of the fact that you are uneducated?

16. fchowd0311

Her pompous ass? She moved here when she was two. She had no choice in the matter. Oh, let me guess, if you were in her shoes, you would of voluntarily deported yourself back to Mexico once you became a conscious adolescent and left everything you knew.

Seriously, the one thing that truly irks me is high horse fools like you who tell others do things you would never do in their shoes. You, by random chance slipped out of a vagina that happened to be within the borders of the United States. So much talent involved!! That is the difference between you and her; her unfortunate luck of slipping out of a vagina in Mexico and you slipping out of a vagina in the U.S.... and that she is educated. That also is another difference between her and you.

#76 fchowd0311, Jun 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

What other information do we need to know besides the fact that it was raised by traitors who feared the loss of their economy because they were dependent on slave labor?

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

We don't control where we are born; we're all the same humans - great point.

She has a right to celebrate her heritage. But for someone to wave a foreign flag when they're born in a different country (to your point - that no one gets to choose) - kind of like cheering for the Spurs when you were born in Houston? :p

Cheesy issue - not worth this much discussion. But extra points for how many times you said "vagina".

1 person likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

Or she could be just celebrating where her parents came from. People are weak willed to be offended at such things. Obviously they did something right since many U.S citizens who were born into a decent middle class lifestyle never even sniff a college degree especially one as high ranking as UC San Diego.

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Every graduation that includes people of Irish descent.

Once she turned 18, she's an adult. Nobody is advocating deporting 2 year olds but certainly 2 year olds and their illegal parents. What's her excuse for being illegal now? Twenty three YEARS ago my parents who are also illegals snuck me into the United States and I just decided to stay because it's not my fault and hey I like it here anyway. She's so proud to be a Mexican citizen that she doesn't want to go back to Mexico? She has a choice in the matter now. She's claiming squatters rights on living in the US? Mkay. The law doesn't matter because we're all human beings and borders don't matter either and really private property rights shouldn't matter either but I'm just going to stay on this side of the border well, because I feel like it.